• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

No offense meant Keith, but the plain green looks like something you would use to display military or civic badges rather than this cherished collector item.

Maybe you can add a second layer of board that is a different color which breaks up the green? Kind of like this example, where marbleized board was added on top of a blue board to give it a little character.

Legacy003.jpg

No offense meant Keith, but the plain green looks like something you would use to display military or civic badges rather than this cherished collector item.

Maybe you can add a second layer of board that is a different color which breaks up the green? Kind of like this example, where marbleized board was added on top of a blue board to give it a little character.

Legacy003.jpg

I thought the same thing. Looked okay till I stuck it in the frame. Oh, well. I can always change it. :grin:

I thought the same thing. Looked okay till I stuck it in the frame. Oh, well. I can always change it. :grin:

Maybe if you can find a framing store where they can print on white board, they can use something like this and line it with his later work?

128824.jpg.d845b2060b84bcdec03ffc0e88784bff.jpg

Check this out though on a real 3-D Zone 16 in the 9.X's.

3-D Zone 16 Q CGC 9.0

This was the second book ever graded, and I always assumed it received a Qualified Label because it was missing the glasses. Not so!

DAVE SIGNED IT!

:ohnoez:

(worship)

Always good to have a signed one! :)

Anyone here win this one? Did you notice it's a second print???

Yes. And yes. :headbang:

:applause:

Nice job! I'd get it pressed, resubmitted, and inform CGC they had it in the wrong census to begin with. Then you can send it in with your other example and create a census of two.

:o(worship)

Yes. And yes. :headbang:

:applause:

Nice job! I'd get it pressed, resubmitted, and inform CGC they had it in the wrong census to begin with. Then you can send it in with your other example and create a census of two.

:o(worship)

+1 :thumbsup:

Nah, the label doesn't matter, I do agree that it needs to be resubmitted so it can be noted as a second print. Pressing that book makes me nervous though, think about it, this very well could be the only signed second print in existence. I would hate to mess that sig up.

Nah, the label doesn't matter, I do agree that it needs to be resubmitted so it can be noted as a second print. Pressing that book makes me nervous though, think about it, this very well could be the only signed second print in existence. I would hate to mess that sig up.

Very good point!