• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,948 posts in this topic

Disney Considering Remaking The Rocketeer

Oh please-please-please. :wishluck:

In an interview with Film Journal last year to promote “Captain America,” Johnston said he would be interested in directing a sequel to “The Rocketeer.” At that time the director noted the importance of a strong -script for comic-book movies. He also said the "The Rocketeer" had gained a following over the years.

Are we in a collecting rut? Have we bought everything out there? (shrug)

Seems that way. I was having similar thoughts as I was doing my usual perusal of ebay and I found myself repeatedly saying "Got it. Got it. Can't afford it. Don't want it. Got it. Got it."

I imagine it's just a valley in the many peaks and valleys, ebbs and flows that make up the world. (shrug)

:-) you guys read my mind, it's a sort of plateau. I lot of nice book have come up for sale so, for the most part, anyone that wants a 9.8 of the more common items can get them. I have been searching for some of the more esoteric non comic stuff but I am finding that things are either not too tough or impossible. Get ready though because if they do remake the Rocketeer, things could get interesting.

:-) you guys read my mind, it's a sort of plateau. I lot of nice book have come up for sale so, for the most part, anyone that wants a 9.8 of the more common items can get them. I have been searching for some of the more esoteric non comic stuff but I am finding that things are either not too tough or impossible. Get ready though because if they do remake the Rocketeer, things could get interesting.

Well since we are all rather bored and what not, let's play the what if game. IF they do remake "The Rocketeer" which books would probably see the most speculation? The Starslayer appearances? Pacific Presents 1 and 2? hm

Unfortunately for me, it will probably not have any impact on the 11 copies of True Love 1 that I discovered that I own yesterday. Don't even ask as I have no answer how it happened. (shrug)

The entire first chapter would most probably be the new "must have" collecting target for those unfamiliar with the early Rocketeer story. I always thought Rocketeer Special Edition 1 deserved more love, as it is the nicest looking book of the five. But the cover on Pacific Presents 2 is definitely high on the Rocketeer admiration list.

Should we do the geeky thing and pick our cast? :insane:

I hate to admit it, but I was thinking about that very thing earlier today.

Having trouble with casting Cliff, but I have reluctantly chosen my choice for Betty( Yeah Disney, I said Betty not Jenny!). I have to go with Megan Fox. (shrug)

Are we in a collecting rut? Have we bought everything out there? (shrug)

I was. Then after buying two Stevens books and asking a dealer if he had more - which he informed me he did, but only of the same books - my rut was over. And one of these is my all-time favorite Stevens book.

Stevens_Goodies001.jpg

:banana::luhv::banana::luhv::banana::luhv:

And the scary thing is even after I bought these, he posted more.

:o