• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,945 posts in this topic

And I'll put more frosting on the cake by adding this. Just arrived in today's mail from Amazon - 272 pages of Dave Stevens goodness in a hardback cover. :banana:

DaveStevensCoversStoriesHardback.jpg

SWEET! I should have mine any day now... :banana:

And I'll put more frosting on the cake by adding this. Just arrived in today's mail from Amazon - 272 pages of Dave Stevens goodness in a hardback cover. :banana:

Got mine!

Some sweet preliminary artwork in here! Man, I would have loved to have seen some of this stuff finished!!!

Some new covers that should probably be added to the registry set as well...

Dave Stevens inks over lightboxed Jack Kirby pencils

23_132405_0_JackKirbyCollector22.jpg

The unpublished Catwoman cover is amazing!

Sweet Stuff Bosco!

I've had trouble finding the bad planet in HG.

Totally agree. Although I recently purchased a CGC 9.6 off of ebay for a decent price, I have had a really hard time finding a submission worthy raw copy. I think I *might* have recently found one, but haven't had the chance to really inspect it yet.

In my experience, the hardest Dave Stevens books to find in really high grade are:

1) DNAgents 24: very popular among DS fans and the black cover makes finding a 9.6/9.8 raw copy very difficult. And I've personally never seen a slabbed copy up for sale.

2) Mr. Monster 2: again the darker cover is an open invitation for spine ticks.

3) Elvira's House of Mystery 11: I would've though that this book would be easier to find, but I've had a hard time. The black cover is, again, a curse.

4) Bad Planet 6: I'm guessing it had a low print run by the time it got to issue 6 due to the numerous delays. Also seems a lot of the issues I've seen all have color rubs or scuffs on the front cover.

5) Jungle Comics 1: Not sure why this one has been so hard for me to find. I have several copies that are oh so close, but have a decent sized color breaking spine tick that hold it back.

Again, don't know if my experience is typical or if I'm the lone voice crying in the wind. (shrug)

The Verotik titles seem to be very hard to find in high grade

I would have to agree on the Verotik Illustrated #2. Also, most of the better Verotik copies have Danzig's scribbling all over them.

I know... :cloud9:

7686473812_2cdf370447_c.jpg

The Verotik titles seem to be very hard to find in high grade

I would have to agree on the Verotik Illustrated #2. Also, most of the better Verotik copies have Danzig's scribbling all over them.

I know... :cloud9:

7686473812_2cdf370447_c.jpg

Indeed...

VenusDomina-CandlemassEveSpecialNN1997-0292SignedbyDaveStevensCOAincluded.jpgVenusDomina011996-0792signedbyGlennDanzig.jpgVerotikIllustrated021997-1270SignedbyDaveStevensandGlennDanzig.jpg

I took a couple of pictures of some Dave Stevens artwork in this book that I had never seen before to share with you guys (and gals).

Catwoman artwork

CatwomanArtwork.jpg

Unfinished cover to Planet Comics #2

PlanetComics2Artwork.jpg

Would love to have seen both of them as actual covers. Since the Catwoman art is finished, maybe they'll use it someday? hm