• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

Have any of you seen an ashcan of Pacific Presents #2.

I had an opportunity to pick one up yesterday but didn't and I'm having second thoughts because I can't find one anywhere on the net.

I thought it might be common but I may have been mistaken. :(

I had an opportunity to pick one up yesterday but didn't and I'm having second thoughts because I can't find one anywhere on the net.

(shrug)

Ashcans weren't really being produced in 1983, so that would be an oddity. Maybe it was something produced for a DVD release? I have an Ashcan sized "Land of the Giants" #1 that has the Gold Key logo and everything. It was produced for a DVD.

DG

Ashcans weren't really being produced in 1983, so that would be an oddity. Maybe it was something produced for a DVD release? I have an Ashcan sized "Land of the Giants" #1 that has the Gold Key logo and everything. It was produced for a DVD.

DG

I passed on it but I will pick it up during the Christmas break.

I still can't find any info on it anywhere.

DG

Do you have a scan or something? I wasn't even aware an ashcan existed.

DG

No. It was a typical ashcan. IIRC the cover was on yellow stock. Black only printing, not color.

DG

No. It was a typical ashcan. IIRC the cover was on yellow stock. Black only printing, not color.

It wasn't typical for 1982 & 1983. It could have been created to promote Pacific at conventions. If your discovery is true, collectors would have viewed it as something easy to bootleg/fake and not had a lot of confidence in it as a collectible.

DG

DG

It wasn't typical for 1982 & 1983. It could have been created to promote Pacific at conventions. If your discovery is true, collectors would have viewed it as something easy to bootleg/fake and not had a lot of confidence in it as a collectible.

DG

I'll post scans of it when I pick it up in a few weeks.

I've searched to figure out what this is, and nothing comes up.

Could it have been something IDW did as a test run of their new Rocketeer material, or does the book look older?

hm That's what I was thinking.

BTW, waiting on sum Dave shtuff. Will have pics as soon as all the ladies are here. :grin:

DG

DG

I'll post scans of it when I pick it up in a few weeks.

I'd love to see a scan!

DG

So I called CGC today and the 12 Dave Stevens books I submitted back in July are being graded TODAY! :banana:

Who knows how long it will take them to ship but I should at least know the grades tomorrow. Very excited to see how they came out. Hopefully will help me fill some holes in my registry set. :wishluck:

Because I'm extremely impatient, I called back just to see if the grades were complete, and they were indeed.

Kind of a mixed bag. Was a little surprised at a few of the 9.4s, but overall can't complain.

World of Wood 1 9.4 :cry: (really wanted the 9.8 on this one)

Bettie Page Queen of the Nile 1 9.4

Bettie Page Queen of the NIle 2 9.8

Bettie Page Queen of the Nile 3 9.8

Jonny Quest 5 9.8 :banana:

Jonny Quest 5 9.8 :banana:

Airboy 5 9.8

Airboy 5 9.6

Starslayer 2 9.6

Rocketeer Adventuers 1 Jetpack Edition 9.8

Planet Comics 1 9.8