• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

Because I'm extremely impatient, I called back just to see if the grades were complete, and they were indeed.

Kind of a mixed bag. Was a little surprised at a few of the 9.4s, but overall can't complain.

World of Wood 1 9.4 :cry: (really wanted the 9.8 on this one)

Bettie Page Queen of the Nile 1 9.4

Bettie Page Queen of the NIle 2 9.8

Bettie Page Queen of the Nile 3 9.8

Jonny Quest 5 9.8 :banana:

Jonny Quest 5 9.8 :banana:

Airboy 5 9.8

Airboy 5 9.6

Starslayer 2 9.6

Rocketeer Adventuers 1 Jetpack Edition 9.8

Planet Comics 1 9.8

So where's the 9.9? (shrug)

:roflmao:

MY 9.9 was a Rocketeer Adventures V2 #1 Jetpack variant (the one with Betty laying on the couch). Somebody in here has a 10 MINT but I was pretty happy considering it was a submission from me and it's my first 9.9!

The only older 9.8 I got was a Crossfire & Rainbow #4. The other 9.8s are 1 copy of V1 #1 and 2 more V2 #1s from the Rocketeer Adventures.

Have any of you seen an ashcan of Pacific Presents #2.

I had an opportunity to pick one up yesterday but didn't and I'm having second thoughts because I can't find one anywhere on the net.

I thought it might be common but I may have been mistaken. :(

Ashcans weren't really being produced in 1983, so that would be an oddity. Maybe it was something produced for a DVD release? I have an Ashcan sized "Land of the Giants" #1 that has the Gold Key logo and everything. It was produced for a DVD.

DG

I passed on it but I will pick it up during the Christmas break.

I still can't find any info on it anywhere.

Do you have a scan or something? I wasn't even aware an ashcan existed.

No. It was a typical ashcan. IIRC the cover was on yellow stock. Black only printing, not color.

It wasn't typical for 1982 & 1983. It could have been created to promote Pacific at conventions. If your discovery is true, collectors would have viewed it as something easy to bootleg/fake and not had a lot of confidence in it as a collectible.

DG

I'll post scans of it when I pick it up in a few weeks.

My Christmas break started this past weekend, so I'm still looking forward to seeing the scan of this. I like rarities and oddities.

DG

Anyway, this was part of my birthday present from the wife:

What was the other part? :blush:

A "DAD" Tervis tumbler. :grin:

Anyway, this was part of my birthday present from the wife:

What was the other part? :blush:

Maybe she got dressed up like Betti Page. :banana:

Sadly, there was no Betty Page role-playing action.

Having a 2 year old and a 2 month old pretty much guarantee that. :cry:

I had an opportunity to pick one up yesterday but didn't and I'm having second thoughts because I can't find one anywhere on the net.

Ashcans weren't really being produced in 1983, so that would be an oddity. Maybe it was something produced for a DVD release? I have an Ashcan sized "Land of the Giants" #1 that has the Gold Key logo and everything. It was produced for a DVD.

DG

No. It was a typical ashcan. IIRC the cover was on yellow stock. Black only printing, not color.

It wasn't typical for 1982 & 1983. It could have been created to promote Pacific at conventions. If your discovery is true, collectors would have viewed it as something easy to bootleg/fake and not had a lot of confidence in it as a collectible.

DG

My Christmas break started this past weekend, so I'm still looking forward to seeing the scan of this. I like rarities and oddities.

DG

My Christmas plans have changed so it may be another month or so before I can get back to pick it up.

DG

DG

DG

My Christmas plans have changed so it may be another month or so before I can get back to pick it up.

You better let me pick it up for you then. Someone else might grab it in the meantime. :whistle:

DG

DG

DG

You better let me pick it up for you then. Someone else might grab it in the meantime. :whistle:

Nobody is going to get it. Trust me.