• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

I just saw that the Bettie Page Comics #1 in CGC 9.9 just sold for $180.00 ($215.10 including the Buyer's Premium) on Heritage. So what does everyone think? High? Low? About right? Sounds pretty reasonable to me since most Dave Stevens cover slabs in CGC 9.8 go in the $100 range.

I just saw that the Bettie Page Comics #1 in CGC 9.9 just sold for $180.00 ($215.10 including the Buyer's Premium) on Heritage. So what does everyone think? High? Low? About right? Sounds pretty reasonable to me since most Dave Stevens cover slabs in CGC 9.8 go in the $100 range.

I had no idea there were five copies in the 9.9 range. Still, being Mint I can see this hitting the $150-$200 range again.

I had no idea there were five copies in the 9.9 range. Still, being Mint I can see this hitting the $150-$200 range again.

I own one of the 9.9 copies. Purchased it on the Boards from a VCC several years ago for what I thought was a good price at the time. Actually a little underwhelmed by the $215 selling price on Heritage last night, thought that book could push $350-$400, but having four others in 9.9 certainly doesn't help.

I own one of the 9.9 copies. Purchased it on the Boards from a VCC several years ago for what I thought was a good price at the time. Actually a little underwhelmed by the $215 selling price on Heritage last night, thought that book could push $350-$400, but having four others in 9.9 certainly doesn't help.

I think that's what impacted the price. Especially the way Heritage posts CGC census information in the listing. Great for buyers - maybe not so great for sellers.

I have to agree. A little extreme. It's reflecting on some of the Ebay copies.

A sweet cover!

:applause:

(thumbs u

Besides Rocketeer, my favourite Stevens book. Nice interior art by him, as well. Picked the book up at the recent London con.

So Dave covers are Popular, and we have a Dave Cover Registry Set.

Do you ever think books with his interior art will become sought after and collectible?

Why of course. His artwork is spectacular, and most times easy to distinguish from others because of his colors and shadows. I still love reading through the first chapter of Rocketeer, and taking my time to enjoy the artwork.

I used to have a 9.6 AW #2.*sigh* :sorry:

Beautifully-presenting book. Very happy with it. :)