• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,948 posts in this topic

#1, 2, and 4 are proofs used in production of the publications.

Basically, it's a proof that's generated to show what the piece will look like when printed.

It's created by the printer and mailed to the publisher for approval.

The publisher approves and mails it back and the guys running the press try to make their color match the approved proof.

hm

I hope I do Dave justice with this one ....

full size recreation - used the copy I just picked up from a boardie to reference it all out. Got pretty loose w/ the pencils and will tighten it up once the inks start getting down. I get nervous doing covers that I've loved for so long.

00C1F43B-DCD8-4580-96F4-44E13B391523-8304-0000023DCFC6E7BF.jpg

Not bad Mangbus! I may have to get in on your next sketch cover op and get you to do a Stevens cover for me :)

Should be posted within the next few weeks. I'd love to do a Stevens cover. His style and the way they are colored usually translate into something I can recreate well!

May as well pull a "Dice", cause when you love some books, they make your heart pump faster.

zlgT7gQl.jpg

g0u0LxNl.jpg

gsSpLxIl.jpg

I've wanted this one for a long while.

Q43mtCzl.jpg

:luhv::luhv::luhv::luhv:

Great books Nick. :applause: