• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

I just bought Rocketeer Adventures #2, 3 and 4 in CGC 9.8 so I could add them to my Dave Stevens registry set. Today I find out they're no longer part of the set. :facepalm:

I bought EVERY IDW book in 9.8 and had the same realization.....

The argument against "retread" covers just doesn't hold any water. By similar logic 2nd, and 3rd prints shouldn't be included either.

Virtually every notable comic book cover ever made has has it's cover re-used and they are almost without fail included in their corresponding registry set.

Edited by sl4ppy

I just bought Rocketeer Adventures #2, 3 and 4 in CGC 9.8 so I could add them to my Dave Stevens registry set. Today I find out they're no longer part of the set. :facepalm:

I bought EVERY IDW book in 9.8 and had the same realization.....

The argument against "retread" covers just doesn't hold any water. By similar logic 2nd, and 3rd prints shouldn't be included either.

Virtually every notable comic book cover ever made has has it's cover re-used and they are almost without fail included in their corresponding registry set.

hm May be time for a vote...

I set both up to end on 5/31 so hopefully whatever we decide we can have Gemma make the change to the Registry before this year's deadline for additions can be made. Other questions you guys want to address?

While we are on the Subject of the Registry Set, how did Star Slayer #1 get on there?? Dave did not do any work on the front or back cover...

It's either the Dave Stevens COVERS Registry Set or it's not.

Starslayer #1 (February 1982) a(7)

Starslayer #2 (April 1982) c s

Starslayer #3 (June 1982) c s

Starslayer #4 (August 1982) a

Edited by faster friends

While we are on the Subject of the Registry Set, how did Star Slayer #1 get on there?? Dave did not do any work on the front or back cover...

It's either the Dave Stevens COVERS Registry Set or it's not.

+1

I think once we get this COVERS registry fixed we should petition for an all inclusive Dave Stevens art registry set and send Gemma the books listed on the official website. One thing at a time though.

I think once we get this COVERS registry fixed we should petition for an all inclusive Dave Stevens art registry set and send Gemma the books listed on the official website. One thing at a time though.

And when Shark gets that Destiny 2 book from CGC, that should be included in both sets as it is a Dave Stevens cover. An amazing find at a cheap price!

(worship)

All I know is there are still plenty of great Dave Stevens books to be found.

e27YFr6l.jpg

My first Comico Attractions.

:whee:

I never knew Dave did such great work on smiley faces. :baiting:

hm I think that will have to be a vote as well. I wasn't even aware that CGC would slab fanzines because of their ability to be easily duplicated, or maybe I'm not thinking of the right thing?

On second thought, if they slab it I say it's in.

Edited by Mayor006