• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,993 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2024 at 3:06 PM, OtherEric said:

The cover is by Chiodo

Stevens inks the first story, three pages.

Great book.    I haven't read it in a long time, but I recall the story being terrific.   I think its a Marilyn Monroe in space thing if I remember.   

On 8/9/2024 at 8:43 AM, Bronty said:

Nice to see all the interest lately.    Is it due to the documentary, or just growth in interest?

A few pics I took after a friend pointed me to a facebook group.    Everything was $5 or less at the time (probably $2 average?) and I just bought doubles because I liked them.   The Bettie Pages I bought off the stands.

DS2.jpg

What does Stevens have in the 3D Alien Terror?  GCD doesn't show anything.

On 8/9/2024 at 12:02 PM, OtherEric said:

What does Stevens have in the 3D Alien Terror?  GCD doesn't show anything.

Yeah I think I just got confused.   I remembered it as having Stevens interiors but I think that's my mistake.     I don't see anyone else posting their copies lol 

Edited by Bronty

On 8/9/2024 at 9:17 AM, Bronty said:

didn't know that had a stevens pinup. nice.

I'm pouring over the Grand Comics Database for Stevens work I'm missing and spotting a few little holes... like that one.  I think the only non-reprint, non-advertisement work in US Comics (not comic-related magazines) by Stevens that I'm missing still is Planet Comics 1, 3D Zone 16, and TV Stars 3.  There really isn't that much out there.

Oh, and I'm debating if his art retouching credit in the A List Jungle Comics 1 counts.  I don't have that.

Edited by OtherEric

On 8/9/2024 at 10:57 AM, Bronty said:
On 5/11/2024 at 2:06 PM, OtherEric said:

The cover is by Chiodo

Stevens inks the first story, three pages.

Great book.    I haven't read it in a long time, but I recall the story being terrific.   I think its a Marilyn Monroe in space thing if I remember.   

with other bargain bin dives deeming it worthy, I sent that Alien Worlds Three-Dimensional to get a press and grade with CGC. :) 

It just checked in today, lol , so about in 30 bus days, I'll post up Lord Willing.