• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2024 at 10:49 PM, godzilla43 said:

Almost 100$ for this World of Wood 1 

I doubt you will get that price sticker off without damaging the book. Also the photo in the back is taken by Mike Zeck. Is that the same comic book artist Mike Zeck?

Wow, good eye. Probably the artist we all know as Mike Zeck

If that really is the same Mike Zeck then we can stop arguing(Copper heating up thread) which one is better artist Zeck or Stevens. Those two decided that Stevens draws the cover and Zeck takes the photo of Wally Wood. 

Edited by godzilla43

On 5/3/2024 at 12:07 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I may have posted this previously but, what the heck, I very much like this cover.

image.jpeg.77930c8343b3eeb63088b61975f79368.jpeg

Hard one to get in 9.8. I've submitted two that both came back 9.6

On 5/3/2024 at 3:13 PM, Mayor006 said:

Hard one to get in 9.8. I've submitted two that both came back 9.6

I purchased this one graded in 2019.

Posted (edited)

We're the prices the reason you passed?

No judgment, I've been in that kind of way when happening upon something. Still glad you showed the pics!

I figured that's why there are pics but no acquisitions. Always nice to see stuff in the wild, and we don't have a "things not often found in the wild" thread for copper, only modern lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 4:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

We're the prices the reason you passed?

No judgment, I've been in that kind of way when happening upon something. Still glad you showed the pics!

I figured that's why there are pics but no acquisitions. Always nice to see stuff in the wild, and we don't have a "things not often found in the wild" thread for copper, only modern lol

The Venus was $100, but was quoted $75 as his best price

and the Vamp was $150

Those prints are available on etsy by a DS seller for $35 free shipping if anyone is interested

If they were $50-60 each I would have been a buyer. Some of them a too big for me to lug around the fairgrounds and I also have no space where I live to hang frames

Edited by littledoom

On 5/10/2024 at 6:55 PM, littledoom said:

The Venus was $100, but was quoted $75 as his best price

and the Vamp was $150

Those prints are available on etsy by a DS seller for $35 free shipping if anyone is interested

Awesome 💯 

That too can be a factor.

Hard to believe if they were copper age prints that they'd still be so cheap! So thanks for the heads up!

I don't remember a lot of prints as I perused areas as a kid, rarely got to visit LCS or cons if at all. I was still aware of them though as the 90's and upward and everything became cards, prints, holograms, 3d foil and or etc