• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM slabs: #62, 75; raw ASMs; handful of affordable debuts and keys...

61 posts in this topic

First :takeit: in the thread gets it.

Neither Hall of Shame nor Probation list folks need apply.

If not satisfied, money-back guarantee--including return shipping in the U.S. :whatthe:

Shipping: $9.00 for the slabs in the U.S. (Priority Mail box & fully insured); raw books: $5.00 for 1-5 books (Priority Flat Rate Envelope w/ Delivery Confirmation); 6 books and up: $7.00 (Priority boxed w/ Delivery Confirmation). Outside of U.S.? We'll work something out.

Payment methods: PayPal (personal option appreciated but not required); postal money orders; or checks.

Thank you for looking. :smile:

ASM #62 CGC 9.4 (OWW)

315.00 :news: SOLD

This gem of a book has been in my personal collection since the late '70s or early '80s. Before I submitted it to CGC a couple years back, I sent it, along with a few other ASMs, to Matt Nelson when I discovered he would do a restoration check for 3 bucks a book (I had just received some purple labels back :cry: and wanted some reassurance on future submissions). I received an invoice with a projected grade of 9.6 on this bad boy, but didn't do the press--only the resto check. It came back 9.4 blue label, so this one could be a 9.6 down the line...if anyone wants to roll the dice. :think:

ASM62.jpg

ASM #62 CGC 9.4 (OWW)

This gem of a book has been in my personal collection since the late '70s or early '80s. Before I submitted it to CGC a couple years back, I sent it, along with a few other ASMs, to Matt Nelson when I discovered he would do a restoration check for 3 bucks a book (I had just received some purple labels back :cry: and wanted some reassurance on future submissions). I received an invoice with a projected grade of 9.6 on this bad boy, but didn't do the press--only the resto check. It came back 9.4 blue label, so this one could be a 9.6 down the line...if anyone wants to roll the dice. :think:

ASM62.jpg

:takeit:

Supergirl #1 VF/NM

49.00 (Guide: 69.00)

As my 43rd birthday fast approaches, why can't I resist the notion of Supergirl? :luhv::blush: Truly pathetic. :whistle:

Another one from october. If my memory serves me well, same grade he gave it. Very nice copy.

SG1.jpg

ASM #62 CGC 9.4 (OWW)

ASM62.jpg

:takeit:

:hail:

Many thanks and much appreciated.

The photo's are great..no flash glare,or background light glare..whats the secret?

She says great photography is all about the available lighting. But when she took these pics this afternoon, it was kinda gloomy outside, so I'm at a loss. :shrug:

She got her commercial photography degree a few years back. She was a natural before the formal training but now she's kind of a wizard at it. If anyone's in the Atlanta area and needs a photographer, PM me; she's got her own business. :gossip:

Jungle Action #5 VF/NM

The Black Panther, some 6 years after his debut in Fantastic Four, gets his own groove on through the Jungle Action title (see one of Green's recent sales threads if you want a sweet pedigree copy of this very book).

Bought this Jungle Action #5 from greggy at a VCC a while back. Same grade he gave it. He still hasn't smacked me around in one of my own sales threads, so I'm patiently waiting for something. Anything. :wishluck:

JA5.jpg

The photo's are great..no flash glare,or background light glare..whats the secret?

She says great photography is all about the available lighting. But when she took these pics this afternoon, it was kinda gloomy outside, so I'm at a loss. :shrug:

She got her commercial photography degree a few years back. She was a natural before the formal training but now she's kind of a wizard at it. If anyone's in the Atlanta area and needs a photographer, PM me; she's got her own business. :gossip:

Taking the pictures at an angle also helps because the flash doesn't bounce back. :baiting:

Speaking of the Black Panther, here's a very affordable copy of his first appearance:

FF #52 GD+

25.00 (Guide: 35.00) :news: SOLD

Bought from Skynwalker (I think); he had it pegged at a GD but I flirted with a GD/VG designation, but thought GD+ was a fair, accurate assessment.

Top staple detached from cover; bott. staple hanging on for dear life. :eek: inside covers: browning; back cover: browning along edges. Overlook all of this. :sumo: It's complete and ready to go. :headbang:

FF52.jpg

Taking the pictures at an angle also helps because the flash doesn't bounce back. :baiting:

I didn't do too well in geometry. :whistle:

Detective #395 VF

46.00 (Guide: 47.00) :news: SOLD

Bought from the man who bought not a few of Flaming_Telepath's books earlier today. Foolkiller had this at VF too. Very sweet copy of the first Tec book of the Bronze Age. And Neal Adams to boot. :banana: But lemme tell you, as a kid in the early to mid-'70s, I wasn't doing any banana dance after reading this story; I read it via a Batman hardback compilation book--and it scared the wee-wee out of me. That waltz to the grave with the age-enhancement panels was something else.

DC395.jpg

Detective #395 VF

46.00 (Guide: 47.00)

Bought from the man who bought not a few of Flaming_Telepath's books earlier today. Foolkiller had this at VF too. Very sweet copy of the first Tec book of the Bronze Age. And Neal Adams to boot. :banana: But lemme tell you, as a kid in the early to mid-'70s, I wasn't doing any banana dance after reading this story; I read it via a Batman hardback compilation book--and it scared the wee-wee out of me. That waltz to the grave with the age-enhancement panels was something else.

DC395.jpg

PM Pat/TheResurrection... I know he was looking for a copy of this book--not sure if he got one already, but I know he was hunting.

And AGAIN with the high grades? Sheesh! Once more and you're out of the LG club! :sumo:

Detective #395 VF

46.00 (Guide: 47.00)

DC395.jpg

PM Pat/TheResurrection... I know he was looking for a copy of this book--not sure if he got one already, but I know he was hunting.

And AGAIN with the high grades? Sheesh! Once more and you're out of the LG club!

:sumo:

Hey, I tell ya, what I'm out of is money...And NOW I'm out of the low grade club too?! :sorry: If you're feeling too much pity for me, Mac Man, you can duly ship me some of your homebrew and I promise I won't have a complaining spirit. :whee:

Pat is a Tec lunatic. :think: I don't have the patience (nor funds) to tackle whatever lofty Tec goals he's been marching toward for many a moon.

X-Men #94 FR/GD

53.00 (Guide: 55.25) :news: SOLD

As most will know, a major key of the Bronze Age.

And some major things going on with this book, including:

--RUN OVER BY A HUMMER (twice).

--back cover: upper left corner: 3 3/4" triangular chunk missing

--inside front cover: top edge: staining

--pg. 1: upper left corner: penned initials, "KN"

--pg. 5: lower right corner: 1 1/2" chunk missing

--pg. 11: lower right corner: some minor pen doodling

--pp. 29-32 and to bott. edge of back cover: a tear through but no pieces missing.

--At this point, some GOOD NEWS is needed: the book is COMPLETE; cover is attached and centerfold is too.

Got this from ft88 not too terribly long ago. If you've never owned this one, here's a chance for not a lot of greenbacks. I'm betting even Mac Man's copy is higher grade. :popcorn:

XMEN94FC.jpg

XMEN4BC.jpg

ASM #75 CGC 9.0 (OWW)

One of the most beautiful Spidey covers at the tail end of the Silver Age.

Kudos to wifey for the excellent pics. :hail:

ASM75.jpg

If I hadn't bought Andre's 9.4, I would be all over this ! It's a stunning copy !

ASM #75 CGC 9.0 (OWW)

One of the most beautiful Spidey covers at the tail end of the Silver Age.

Kudos to wifey for the excellent pics. :hail:

ASM75.jpg

If I hadn't bought Andre's 9.4, I would be all over this ! It's a stunning copy !

Thank you kindly.

X-Men #94 FR/GD

53.00 (Guide: 55.25)

As most will know, a major key of the Bronze Age.

And some major things going on with this book, including:

--back cover: upper left corner: 3 3/4" triangular chunk missing

--inside front cover: top edge: staining

--pg. 1: upper left corner: penned initials, "KN"

--pg. 5: lower right corner: 1 1/2" chunk missing

--pg. 11: lower right corner: some minor pen doodling

--pp. 29-32 and to bott. edge of back cover: a tear through but no pieces missing.

--At this point, some GOOD NEWS is needed: the book is COMPLETE; cover is attached and centerfold is too.

Got this from ft88 not too terribly long ago. If you've never owned this one, here's a chance for not a lot of greenbacks. I'm betting even Mac Man's copy is higher grade. :popcorn:

XMEN94FC.jpg

XMEN4BC.jpg

You'd be dead wrong amigo! This looks like a high-class hooker compared to my dumpster diver! :headbang:

Seriously, you're is a 1.5 only because of the chunk--otherwise, a solid 2.0. Mine grades at a 1.8- 2.0 at best UNTIL you see ALL of the black Sharpie CT ALL over the cover! Ha! Ha! Ha! I'd probably even say 1.5 because it definitely doesn't feel as supple as it should either.

Never challenge a man in his own backyard. lol

Time for a dedication...I hereby dedicate this one to long-lost boardie bhhooks22 who is, no doubt, somewhere in the Dallas, Texas, area assisting his competent wife in the estate sale business. Hooks kinda had a crush on Mindworm and then tried to somehow project that crush onto me and act like I was Mindworm. Or something like that.

ASM #138 NM-

31.00 (Guide: 45.00)

Very nice copy. If you forget the hypocritical hippie types assaulting our hero (or, if you prefer, dirty deeds done dirt cheap via the scheming Mindworm who took advantage of an idealistic, good-hearted counter-culture). Wherever you are, Hooks, I love ya, man!

ASM138.jpg