• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM slabs: #62, 75; raw ASMs; handful of affordable debuts and keys...

61 posts in this topic

X-Men #94 FR/GD

53.00 (Guide: 55.25)

As most will know, a major key of the Bronze Age.

And some major things going on with this book, including:

--back cover: upper left corner: 3 3/4" triangular chunk missing

--inside front cover: top edge: staining

--pg. 1: upper left corner: penned initials, "KN"

--pg. 5: lower right corner: 1 1/2" chunk missing

--pg. 11: lower right corner: some minor pen doodling

--pp. 29-32 and to bott. edge of back cover: a tear through but no pieces missing.

--At this point, some GOOD NEWS is needed: the book is COMPLETE; cover is attached and centerfold is too.

Got this from ft88 not too terribly long ago. If you've never owned this one, here's a chance for not a lot of greenbacks. I'm betting even Mac Man's copy is higher grade. :popcorn:

XMEN94FC.jpg

XMEN4BC.jpg

You'd be dead wrong amigo! This looks like a high-class hooker compared to my dumpster diver! :headbang:

Seriously, you're is a 1.5 only because of the chunk--otherwise, a solid 2.0. Mine grades at a 1.8- 2.0 at best UNTIL you see ALL of the black Sharpie CT ALL over the cover! Ha! Ha! Ha! I'd probably even say 1.5 because it definitely doesn't feel as supple as it should either.

Never challenge a man in his own backyard. lol

:tonofbricks:

Time for a dinner break. Maybe I should call Hooks.

More books either later tonight or tomorrow (Lord willing, and the Creek don't rise). Unfortunately, there's no ASM #129 on the horizon. :sorry: I'll have a few keys, though, winding down to #50 and the coming of the Kingpin.

The midnight hour EST in the U.S. approaches...time for a few more books...

ASM #131 VF+

29.00 (Guide: 41.50)

Doc Ock and Aunt May. That's so wrong. And the play on words by the minister makes it doubly wrong.

ASM131.jpg

ASM #130 VF

22.00 (Guide: 32.00)

I remember this cover as a kid. Wow. Hammerhead, the Jackal, and the Punisher is now on the scene. I'd want a Spidey mobile too.

ASM130.jpg

Blame it on Mindworm, but in the spirit of descending order, I forgot to start off the evening with this great cover and issue...

ASM #136 VF+

48.00 (Guide: 69.00)

The sand-like stuff on the bottom edge is MUCH more pronounced in the pic. It's barely discernible when I just held it in hand; I'm not sure what it is. I felt it and there's nothing there I can feel--and nothing on the inside cover either. I just looked at an undercopy I have in VG- and I see some traces of the same thing so maybe artwork? :shrug: Any confirmation or refutations welcome.

Every ASM collector needs a nice copy of this one.

ASM136.jpg

Detective #395 VF

46.00 (Guide: 47.00)

Bought from the man who bought not a few of Flaming_Telepath's books earlier today. Foolkiller had this at VF too. Very sweet copy of the first Tec book of the Bronze Age. And Neal Adams to boot. :banana: But lemme tell you, as a kid in the early to mid-'70s, I wasn't doing any banana dance after reading this story; I read it via a Batman hardback compilation book--and it scared the wee-wee out of me. That waltz to the grave with the age-enhancement panels was something else.

DC395.jpg

:takeit:

Detective #395 VF

46.00 (Guide: 47.00)

Bought from the man who bought not a few of Flaming_Telepath's books earlier today. Foolkiller had this at VF too. Very sweet copy of the first Tec book of the Bronze Age. And Neal Adams to boot. :banana: But lemme tell you, as a kid in the early to mid-'70s, I wasn't doing any banana dance after reading this story; I read it via a Batman hardback compilation book--and it scared the wee-wee out of me. That waltz to the grave with the age-enhancement panels was something else.

DC395.jpg

:takeit:

:winnah:

Thank you, sir.

I picked up this gem from bronzilla when I picked up a lot of ASMs through a trade--and this was easily the sweetest of the bunch. I was relatively new to the boards and I vividly recall bronzilla treating me more than fairly. Hail to the 90-pound weakling represented by bronzilla's avatar. :kidaround:

ASM #125 VF/NM

49.00 (Guide: 66.00) :news: SOLD

In the middle of the street. In the middle of the day. In the middle of battle. Gwen is still gone. :frown:

ASM125.jpg

Will wrap this up tomorrow with some lower grade keys--#122, 121, and 50.

Thanks to Heresy and James Howlett for the purchases--and to those who browsed and posted. :smile:

:zzz:

That speckled appearance on the ASM136 and 108 looks like reflections off of the gloss. I have seen gloss that looks like it was sprayed with a gun and caused a surface like that. If it was a car paint job that would be called orange peel. It's nothing in person really and I've got a few like that somewhere.

That speckled appearance on the ASM136 and 108 looks like reflections off of the gloss. I have seen gloss that looks like it was sprayed with a gun and caused a surface like that. If it was a car paint job that would be called orange peel. It's nothing in person really and I've got a few like that somewhere.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the input.