• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brief Heroes Con Report and Some Pics

13 posts in this topic

Had to work today so got there about 3:30 PM. Got a little ticked because I had to pay $18 to park for 3 and half hours. The small lot across the street was $10 but it was filled (I think they double the price on the weekend events at that lot so tomorrow it will be more). The crowd seemed kindof slim at the show today. No booths were really crowded, even Earl's that usually has a large crowd around it. Walked around for a bit and took a few pics and then hit the boxes. Still not certain why i took the Bunny Man's picture. Talked to Rick - CaptComics and took his picture. Told him to hold up his best book and while he was thinking someone told him to grab the Night Nurse. Of course they did not offer to buy it. Earl Shaw is in his thinking pose. Usually Earl is too busy to think. Earl had two booths filled with $1 comics. Chuck was going through Earl's $1 boxes when I left a little before 7, he may stay all night if he can as many boxes as Earl has.

As I was talking to Rick he says look at that great costume. I said to the guy, "hey Baron, let me take your picture." He does and we take a close up of the Cosmic Cube he has. After he walks off I say, "that wasn't Baron Zemo, that was the Red Skull." Rick says I know, I wondered why you called him Baron. I never did like Capt. America or his villains. It was a very cool costume though. After I put my camera up, of course along comes a Poison Ivy that looks good. Greggy 9000 apparently wasn't there or I missed him.

I did not get a chance to really look things over good, What I did see was a lot of nice Gold, Silver and Bronze Age material. I saw more CGC graded books than at any Heroes Con before. There was the usual late 80s early 90s stuff in 50 cent boxes. However some dealers seemed to have some good stuff in the cheap boxes and some really nice stuff in the $3 boxes. I haven't even had the chance to go through a third of the dealers yet. As far as selection and quality, this may be the best heroes con in several years.

And when I got home my wife asked me if I bought any more 10s to send in and get graded. It's kind of of long story but when I got my ASM 277 that came back a CGC 10 and she found out what it was worth she said if 10s are so valuable send some more in, you've got all those comic books in those boxes.

I've always enjoyed the pics others have taken at cons. Tomorrow will be the day for costumes. I think I'm going to regret not being able to get there earlier today, tomorrow will probably be really crowded and today may have been the day for deals with as few as people that were there.

green.jpg

bunny.jpg

rick2.jpg

earl.jpg

red.jpg

cube.jpg

Thanks for the report and pics. That Baron Red Skull costume is pretty good.

That costume was fantastic...and original. I don't think I've seen a Red Skull yet.

(worship)

Had to work today so got there about 3:30 PM. Got a little ticked because I had to pay $18 to park for 3 and half hours. The small lot across the street was $10 but it was filled (I think they double the price on the weekend events at that lot so tomorrow it will be more). The crowd seemed kindof slim at the show today. No booths were really crowded, even Earl's that usually has a large crowd around it. Walked around for a bit and took a few pics and then hit the boxes. Still not certain why i took the Bunny Man's picture. Talked to Rick - CaptComics and took his picture. Told him to hold up his best book and while he was thinking someone told him to grab the Night Nurse. Of course they did not offer to buy it. Earl Shaw is in his thinking pose. Usually Earl is too busy to think. Earl had two booths filled with $1 comics. Chuck was going through Earl's $1 boxes when I left a little before 7, he may stay all night if he can as many boxes as Earl has.

As I was talking to Rick he says look at that great costume. I said to the guy, "hey Baron, let me take your picture." He does and we take a close up of the Cosmic Cube he has. After he walks off I say, "that wasn't Baron Zemo, that was the Red Skull." Rick says I know, I wondered why you called him Baron. I never did like Capt. America or his villains. It was a very cool costume though. After I put my camera up, of course along comes a Poison Ivy that looks good. Greggy 9000 apparently wasn't there or I missed him.

I did not get a chance to really look things over good, What I did see was a lot of nice Gold, Silver and Bronze Age material. I saw more CGC graded books than at any Heroes Con before. There was the usual late 80s early 90s stuff in 50 cent boxes. However some dealers seemed to have some good stuff in the cheap boxes and some really nice stuff in the $3 boxes. I haven't even had the chance to go through a third of the dealers yet. As far as selection and quality, this may be the best heroes con in several years.

And when I got home my wife asked me if I bought any more 10s to send in and get graded. It's kind of of long story but when I got my ASM 277 that came back a CGC 10 and she found out what it was worth she said if 10s are so valuable send some more in, you've got all those comic books in those boxes.

I've always enjoyed the pics others have taken at cons. Tomorrow will be the day for costumes. I think I'm going to regret not being able to get there earlier today, tomorrow will probably be really crowded and today may have been the day for deals with as few as people that were there.

green.jpg

bunny.jpg

rick2.jpg

earl.jpg

red.jpg

cube.jpg

The Captain with Night Nurse. And Earl Shaw, in profile, seriously doing one of these: :think:

:headbang:

Forget Red Skull and the fella with his arms folded, the chick with the antlers is much too much. :whatthe:

Man, I've got to attend Heroes one of these years.

red.jpg

Ah ... the comic cube!

Keep that away from Thanos!

Wonder who would win in a fight?

Red Skull and the Cosmic cube or Pinhead and the Box? hm

green.jpg

[font:Fixedsys]Oh Momma!!!! [/font]

Statement Fully endorsed by The Chespirito Corporation "Take your Chick to Work" Program and The Inter-State "Lets have Beef for Days!!" Ten-step plan (Of the Chespirito Dating service for Capewearing Dudes..) (thumbs u

green.jpg

[font:Fixedsys]Oh Momma!!!! [/font]

Statement Fully endorsed by The Chespirito Corporation "Take your Chick to Work" Program and The Inter-State "Lets have Beef for Days!!" Ten-step plan (Of the Chespirito Dating service for Capewearing Dudes..) (thumbs u

There are some fine women in NC :gossip: