• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EARLY SA FF RAW SALE...PERSONAL 23, 28, 30, 37, 40, 43 & 49

37 posts in this topic

FANTASTIC FOUR 43

OCTOBER 1965. “LO, THERE SHALL BE AN ENDING!” Inhumans story/appearance. Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby and Vince Colletta cover/art.

Excellent overall copy dampened by rough edge at top spine corner…light color loss along top edge and a hint of abrasion at lower spine corner. Small soft crease at top right corner. Dots of color loss at Thing’s shorts and stomach are production-related. Otherwise super clean edges and sharp right corners. Little vertical crease at upper center of book, just to the southeast of the exclamation point in the Title. Excellent colors and gloss. Solid structure, perfect registration and book is tight and flat with perfectly centered tight rust-free shiny staples. Back cover is in great shape with a light parallel indentation along the spine…faint staple storage transfer at lower right margin…pages are slightly offset to view. I rarely give white pages but this book is close…I’ll call them off-white to white pages and in perfect condition…COMPLETE!

GRADE: 7.0

2009 OSPG $66

ASK PRICE $39

Boardies graded this an average of 7.0 on 8 votes...I agree! :headbang:

FF43FC.jpg

FF43BC.jpg

:takeit: this one too per our discussion

FANTASTIC FOUR 43

OCTOBER 1965. “LO, THERE SHALL BE AN ENDING!” Inhumans story/appearance. Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby and Vince Colletta cover/art.

Excellent overall copy dampened by rough edge at top spine corner…light color loss along top edge and a hint of abrasion at lower spine corner. Small soft crease at top right corner. Dots of color loss at Thing’s shorts and stomach are production-related. Otherwise super clean edges and sharp right corners. Little vertical crease at upper center of book, just to the southeast of the exclamation point in the Title. Excellent colors and gloss. Solid structure, perfect registration and book is tight and flat with perfectly centered tight rust-free shiny staples. Back cover is in great shape with a light parallel indentation along the spine…faint staple storage transfer at lower right margin…pages are slightly offset to view. I rarely give white pages but this book is close…I’ll call them off-white to white pages and in perfect condition…COMPLETE!

GRADE: 7.0

2009 OSPG $66

ASK PRICE $39

Boardies graded this an average of 7.0 on 8 votes...I agree! :headbang:

FF43FC.jpg

FF43BC.jpg

:takeit: this one too per our discussion

^^

Remaining books...

FF 23 $69

FF 40 $49

FF 49 $199

If anyone stumbles across this thread I will be leaving tomorrow morning for Oregon for 5 days...not back until Sunday evening June 13...so I will be very marginally on the boards, perhaps not at all...

Feel free to post the :takeit: and if purchased the book will ship Monday June 14 or Tuesday June 15 upon my return...

Remaining books...

FF 23 $69

FF 40 $49

FF 49 $199

If anyone stumbles across this thread I will be leaving tomorrow morning for Oregon for 5 days...not back until Sunday evening June 13...so I will be very marginally on the boards, perhaps not at all...

Feel free to post the :takeit: and if purchased the book will ship Monday June 14 or Tuesday June 15 upon my return...

TAKE 10% OFF THE ABOVE PRICES!

Just letting everyone know the above 3 books are still available and I am open to offers...especially a package deal for 2 or all of the books...will have these up until probably Sunday and then most likely move them elsewhere...THX! :headbang:

Adding FF 33...VG/FN 5.0...

2009 OSPG $50

ASK PRICE $35 shipped!

Or I will throw this book in free with the purchase of issue 23 or 49!

FANTASTIC FOUR 33

DEC 1964.

“ON THE SIDE OF…SUB-MARINER!” First appearance of Attuma. First Marvel comic to use photography on the cover and in the story art. Part of my OO collection since approx. 1965.

Great looking book for the technical grade. Nice clean cover with small crease at upper right corner, edge wear bottom right corner and edge and some light spine wear…1/2-inch split at bottom spine corner and slight staple tears (cover is securely attached). Hairline hint of overhang top edge…very clean right edge. Structure is solid, book lays flat with perfect registration. Back cover is in nice shape with a small stain next to the top staple and some light dirt and some soft creasing at the bottom area, not readily visible. Interior covers have light tanning at the perimeter. Interior pages are white to off-white and in excellent overall condition…COMPLETE!

FF33FC2.jpg

FF33BC.jpg

Remaining books...

FF 23 $69

FF 40 $49

FF 49 $199

Just letting everyone know the above 3 books are still available and I am open to offers...especially a package deal for 2 or all of the books...will have these up until probably Sunday and then most likely move them elsewhere...THX! :headbang:

:takeit: FF 23 $69 @10% off with the free FF 33

Remaining books...

FF 23 $69

FF 40 $49

FF 49 $199

:takeit: FF 23 $69 @10% off with the free FF 33

^^

THX! PM sent! :headbang:

FF 17 added...

FANTASTIC FOUR 17

AUG 1963 “IN THE CLUTCHES OF DOCTOR DOOM!” Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby and Ayers cover/art.

Exceptional presenting book for the technical grade. Has a hint of what I’ll refer to a sub-crease vertically down the center FC of the book…though it starts and stops…about 2-inches soft crease through the “r” in Four with just faintest of color break through the r…and then about an inch and a half from Doc Doom’s right hand to Thing’s right hand, again, just faintly breaking color through the blue control panel and the red border. Small chips and light abrasion top and bottom spine corners…very faint level of spine wear but there are a few ticks upon close inspection…very clean edges with a couple of teeny pre-Marvel chips at right edge adjacent to the title background and at bottom edge just to the lower left of the Thing’s right foot…hint of rounding at outside right corners. Back cover is super clean with a fairly uniform fade to the white background and a couple of faint tanning splotches at bottom edge/margin…there are a couple of small faint creases at upper left corner as well…interior covers have some light tanning at the perimeter, moreso at the bottom edge/margin (pages too) and there is a 1/4x1/4-inch water stain at the inside FC, bottom edge about 1-inch from the spine that has lightly transferred to the first 2 wraps. Structure is excellent, book lays flat with perfect registration with shiny rust-free staples rigidly attached; centerfold is secure. Interior pages are borderline cream-off-white to off-white…rather whitish in the center…COMPLETE! Cool full-page ad of Sgt. Fury #2.

Matt Nelson had this pre-graded as a 6.0…I am in agreement with the grade.

2009 OSPG $144

:news:

SOLD!

FF17FC-1.jpg

FF17BC-1.jpg

Also see previous page...FF 40 and 49 still available! :headbang:

Tom

If the 17 comes off hold let me know maybe we can work something out

Sorry Joe...FF 17 is sold via PM... :headbang:

I'll let you know if I put anything else up...considering selling my raw copies of 16, 18, 19, 20, 24, 27 and 31... hm