• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"A Heroes Con Report" OR "Look at what I touched today..."

50 posts in this topic

Would have been a better picture if your better half had been holding the Action #1...

THINK ADAM THINK!!!

lol

Awesome picture homie, wish I was there!

I think Rich Henn did enough oogling of my better half at the show for the entire board.

We just got back to the hotel. May or may not have had dinner with a few con celebrities...

jeBailey

Doc Watson

G.A.tor

JoeyPost

Comix4Fun

Green

Rich Henn

Sooooo, you got to touch these people?

Yes, contact was made... and more than once.

It was a pleasure seeing you and Sally again, Adam. Perhaps we can work together on a few sketches in the future. (thumbs u

Back at ya, Doc! (thumbs u Great to see you again!

We just got back home and I'm uploading a few pics now. Not a whole lot of non-sketch pics.

Van Sciver was late all 3 days but was always friendly whenever I went to talk to him. His brother and son were set up right next to him.

Tim Sale had a line pretty much at all times. He got in late on Friday due to a flight delay and seemed determined to fit as many sigs and sketches in as he could for the rest of the weekend. He barely took break and was working every time I saw him.

Jim Cheung was working hard for the Hero Initiative this weekend. He did several signings a day for them and would do quick sketches for donations. It seemed that he was moving back and forth every few hours. His normal sketch list was full for the whole weekend well before general admission was let in. He does great work!

Herb Trimpe showed up on Saturday and had to leave out early on Sunday. However we finally got to go to dinner with them which is something we've been trying to coordinate for over a year now. It ended up becoming a larger group of us going. Attendees also included Joe Staton and his wife, Jim Amash, and Brian Bolland. It was a fantastic dinner with great conversation for hours. We didn't go to the art auction as a result, but it was time well-spent. :)

100_4172.jpg

100_4177.jpg

100_4178.jpg

100_4179.jpg

Day 3 was spent trying to pick up sketches and chatting with friends. I also went around and got a few of the artists who have done some Goblin sketches for me to pose with the slab. I try to get pictures as the artists finishes the sketch, but I don't always have a camera on me or another board member gets the sketch for me. A big thanks goes out to Capt. Comics and David Burns who hooked Sally and me up with passes to get into the show. We couldn't have done what we did without you guys! (worship) I met up with Capt. Comics in person to thank him and tried to do the same with David. I had less luck with David, but we did run into his lovely wife at the booth on a few occasions. :) Thanks guys!

100_4159.jpg

100_4192.jpg

100_4200.jpg

The CGC crew was awesome as usual. Got to see Joe for the first time in a while and met up with Bill and Mike again. I even met Nicole for the first time. Kris Moore was there for most of the weekend and Danny was working hard for the one day he was there. All of these guys worked hard all weekend long. Big kudos to you all!

I met up with board members Hotflips, campued1010, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting. It was a great weekend and I'm definitely planning on making Heroes a regular stop on my annual con tour.

And this one's for you, JJ. We went back to G.A.tor's booth, begged him to pull the Action 1 out of the safe, and paid the $44 photo-op fee to get this picture for you.

100_4196.jpg

You got to have dinner with Brian Bolland? :o(worship):cry:

:o oh wait a minute. :grin:

It was a very memorable dinner for me. I feel very fortunate to have been there. To add to it, and even larger party sat at the tables right across from ours which included Tom Raney, Billy Tucci, and Frank Cho. For a comic geek like myself, it was like dining with the stars. I felt completely underdressed, but Brian made me feel better since he was wearing shorts. :)

Anything for you, Jon. (thumbs u You were right, I don't know what I was thinking. I had no business posing with the Action 1 when I had someone much easier on the eyes to do it. I'll do better next time. lol

I'd be doing a great disservice if I didn't mention how hard Rich Henn and Joeypost were working at the show. If they weren't taking stacks of books to get signed, they were at the CGC booth filling out submission forms. I never saw either one of them take a break. Kudos to you guys. :applause:

Finally, kudos to my girlfriend Sally. She's got the gift. I'm going to go ahead and say it...she's MUCH better at getting sketches than I am. While I was doing the easy stuff (which she also helped with), she got a Sale, a Campbell, and 2 Hughes sketches all on her own. That doesn't count the fact that she played a vital role in helping to get another Campbell, an Ebas, a Van Sciver, and a Ramos. I'm in the middle of sending out pictures to the various owners. I'm hoping they'll post their acquisitions. :wishluck:

Rich,

Sally and I talked about it on the way home. Expect a PM from her sometime. She wants to help you get a few of the sketches from your want list the next time she can. (thumbs u