• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venom Lethal Protector Black Error Cover

95 posts in this topic

One of the CGC 10s was posted on eBay. I believe it was a $30K asking price! :o

Which is absurd considering a 10 sold on Heritage for $3500. At the time, it was the only 10.0 copy.

When you look hard enough you can find real auctions on Ebay for the comics you want, and every now and then seller accepts a fair 'make offer.' But boy do you have to sift through page after page of ridiculous BIN prices that almost never sells. They keep resisting them over and over.

Tell me about it!

I always get told from some certain sellers that I low ball them (these are usually the sellers who are asking $500 for a $200 book). Example. I want a GFT #1 WWPhilly variant. all of a sudden they started popping up on eBay, BIN $525 and up! I offered each one a fair price, they all turned down. Then a third seller had one listed as auction only, $300 start. Not. One. Bid.

I tried again showing them the listing, explaining that my offer was indeed very fair price, never heard back.

Yuo can still get great comic deals, just gotta be patient and wade through a lot of listing and find the right seller for you.

One of the CGC 10s was posted on eBay. I believe it was a $30K asking price! :o

Which is absurd considering a 10 sold on Heritage for $3500. At the time, it was the only 10.0 copy.

When you look hard enough you can find real auctions on Ebay for the comics you want, and every now and then seller accepts a fair 'make offer.' But boy do you have to sift through page after page of ridiculous BIN prices that almost never sells. They keep resisting them over and over.

Tell me about it!

I always get told from some certain sellers that I low ball them (these are usually the sellers who are asking $500 for a $200 book). Example. I want a GFT #1 WWPhilly variant. all of a sudden they started popping up on eBay, BIN $525 and up! I offered each one a fair price, they all turned down. Then a third seller had one listed as auction only, $300 start. Not. One. Bid.

I tried again showing them the listing, explaining that my offer was indeed very fair price, never heard back.

Yuo can still get great comic deals, just gotta be patient and wade through a lot of listing and find the right seller for you.

It's called follow the leader, do you think if one jumped off a cliff, the others will follow?

But, others are asking that much! :eyeroll:

Tell me about it!

And putting that seller into perspective, GPA for a CGC 6.5 copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 is about $20,000. Does he mean to tell us that even a 10.0 copy of Venom black error is worth ten thousand dollars more than a mid/high grade copy of the first appearance of AF15?

It's probably just jacked up because it's not really for sale.

:eyeroll: newbies.

It's probably there just to draw attention to the seller's other wares. (thumbs u

Since I know who subbed the only two 10.0's and the first one (the first CGC 10.0 ever recorded) is not for sale from my NJ dealer friend Gary Platt, and the second was sold by a fellow boardie.

So the fellow boardie's 10.0 that he/she sold is not trying to be resold for a dumb I don't want to sell it price by the new owner.

It's probably there just to draw attention to the seller's other wares. (thumbs u

I guess that makes sense. Still, with the influx of very optimistic sellers, like the guy who photographs comics on those stupid pedestals, you can't blame me for taking it seriously.

I guess that makes sense. Still, with the influx of very optimistic sellers, like the guy who photographs comics on those stupid pedestals, you can't blame me for taking it seriously.

Maybe this guy was trying to make it seem he was selling the error black cover by his pictures and angles. hm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VENOM-LETHAL-PROTECTOR-1-MARVEL-2-93-CGC-9-8-/320747641269?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4aae0c99b5

Maybe this guy was trying to make it seem he was selling the error black cover by his pictures and angles. hm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VENOM-LETHAL-PROTECTOR-1-MARVEL-2-93-CGC-9-8-/320747641269?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4aae0c99b5

That's not a black cover.

Since I know who subbed the only two 10.0's and the first one (the first CGC 10.0 ever recorded) is not for sale from my NJ dealer friend Gary Platt, and the second was sold by a fellow boardie.

So the fellow boardie's 10.0 that he/she sold is not trying to be resold for a dumb I don't want to sell it price by the new owner.

This hurts my brain...

So this book ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/VENOM-Lethal-Protector-1-cgc-10-BLACK-COVER-ERROR-/280731481656?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item415ce67638 ) was originally sold by a boardie here to the seller of the book on ebay now, and it's not an inflated price? Daaamn.

Anyone know how much the boardie got for the book? Real curious what the going rate for a CGC 10 is. hm

This hurts my brain...

So this book ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/VENOM-Lethal-Protector-1-cgc-10-BLACK-COVER-ERROR-/280731481656?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item415ce67638 ) was originally sold by a boardie here to the seller of the book on ebay now, and it's not an inflated price? Daaamn.

Anyone know how much the boardie got for the book? Real curious what the going rate for a CGC 10 is. hm

I just made an offer for $1.00 and he auto declined me! :mad:

This hurts my brain...

The last sale of this book was $3500 CGC 10.0, but that was on heritage.

Thus book has changed hands a couple times since the original sale.

Thx. :eyeroll:

I know. :baiting:

Thx. :eyeroll:

I know. :baiting:

Wow, you know what. I misread your first post. Totally went over my head! Didn't realize what you had written the first time.

This hurts my brain...

The last sale of this book was $3500 CGC 10.0, but that was on heritage.

Thus book has changed hands a couple times since the original sale.

That's a pretty big jump in asking price, last sale of $3.5K, now asking $30K? That's insane. When was the heritage auction?