• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venom Lethal Protector Black Error Cover

95 posts in this topic

I too tried the heat gun method of removing the red foil. I did actually get some of the foil to come off, but only a little bit. The heat formed two tiny bubbles in the foil witch came off when I scratched at them.

I know this it waaaaaay late to the convo, but does anyone actually know the website that posted these "instructions"???

I have googled to no end and never found it. I'm convinced that I know a way to do it, but I want to actually see for myself how they said the heat removal worked.

If someone can provide the link, I would show pics of my attempts and see if the results worked.

I am betting this year that there will be several counterfeit copies surface this year because a website posted how to create one recently and we all know some individuals in our hobby.

I know of the website of which you speak of. That was really stupid of them doing that. doh!

Yeah they also featured making an Avengers variant as well. Why in the hell would you even tell people about those? There is no upside to it.(But, I am sure they will claim they are educating the public.)

speaking of the avengers one how do you tell if its a fake & does cgc check for the fakes ?

I am betting this year that there will be several counterfeit copies surface this year because a website posted how to create one recently and we all know some individuals in our hobby.

I know of the website of which you speak of. That was really stupid of them doing that. doh!

Yeah they also featured making an Avengers variant as well. Why in the hell would you even tell people about those? There is no upside to it.(But, I am sure they will claim they are educating the public.)

speaking of the avengers one how do you tell if its a fake & does cgc check for the fakes ?

If I'm not mistaken, there's no way to tell on either one (assuming they're done well). I might be wrong, but that's just my suspicion.

Alrighty, I haven't found the site but whatever, it doesn't matter.

I purchased a red VLP #1 earlier this week. Thought I already owned one, but it was the gold variant and obviously I'm not going to be experimenting on that. I should be expecting it next week.

I'll be posting pictures of most of the process. I say most because I'll be adding a few extra steps than using just a heat gun, and if it works I don't want to basically be instructing people on how to make a fake the same way that retarded site did.

So if it's unsuccessful, I'll be convinced in my own right that there is no way to make a legit looking counterfeit black from an original red foil. But... if for some reason I didnt mess the with this one, and it works... I'll be burning the unholy thing on video. For it'll be a power no man shall yield....

I'll keep ya posted.

I purchased a red VLP #1 earlier this week. Thought I already owned one, but it was the gold variant and obviously I'm not going to be experimenting on that. I should be expecting it next week.

I'll be posting pictures of most of the process. I say most because I'll be adding a few extra steps than using just a heat gun, and if it works I don't want to basically be instructing people on how to make a fake the same way that retarded site did.

So if it's unsuccessful, I'll be convinced in my own right that there is no way to make a legit looking counterfeit black from an original red foil. But... if for some reason I didnt mess the with this one, and it works... I'll be burning the unholy thing on video. For it'll be a power no man shall yield....

I'll keep ya posted.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/05/22/how-to-make-your-very-own-avengers-gatefold-variant/

I'll keep ya posted.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/05/22/how-to-make-your-very-own-avengers-gatefold-variant/

Ahhh, so that's why everyone thought that a hairdryer would work? I see...

Just bought my second copy! :whee: It's in the mail on it's way to me as I write this.

As you can see in the image, many of the black covers' red foils are unique (a fact which I am positive many, if not all, of you already know) :preach: . This is a huge reason why I love collecting this issue. I think this is a great copy because the red foil is clearly manufactured incorrectly; it is actually on top of Venom and the title, and scatter shot instead of lines of red foil kind of outlining Venom and the marvel box.

The little nub on the bottom of the front cover concerns me, but marginally. I imagine this is going to be graded 9.6 or 9.8 if I am lucky and the little nick is just a product of the scan the seller sent to me. I decided not to include the back cover. It's perfectly fine; I'll spare you the Scottie Pippen.

:gossip:(Please excuse the watermark. I hope I didn't make it too obtrusive.)

BlackVenom1FCcopy.png

Just bought my second copy! :whee: It's in the mail on it's way to me as I write this.

As you can see in the image, many of the black covers' red foils are unique (a fact which I am positive many, if not all, of you already know) :preach: . This is a huge reason why I love collecting this issue. I think this is a great copy because the red foil is clearly manufactured incorrectly; it is actually on top of Venom and the title, and scatter shot instead of lines of red foil kind of outlining Venom and the marvel box.

The little nub on the bottom of the front cover concerns me, but marginally. I imagine this is going to be graded 9.6 or 9.8 if I am lucky and the little nick is just a product of the scan the seller sent to me. I decided not to include the back cover. It's perfectly fine; I'll spare you the Scottie Pippen.

:gossip:(Please excuse the watermark. I hope I didn't make it too obtrusive.)

BlackVenom1FCcopy.png

I am sorry, did you post a picture of a comic because all I can see is AdvancedPillows Collection in big bold letters. Is there suppose to be a comic somewhere in that picture? :)