• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your theme...?

82 posts in this topic

I collect head/neck trauma covers. It's a fairly broad category and covers all the high points of golden/atomic age comics...exploding faces, melting faces, decapitation, ocular intimidation, psychedelic experiences, hangings, etc.

groupshot.jpg

Except for the Gaines file copies, I don't think I've ever seen a nicer Crime Suspense #20. Nice books! :thumbsup:

I collect head/neck trauma covers. It's a fairly broad category and covers all the high points of golden/atomic age comics...exploding faces, melting faces, decapitation, ocular intimidation, psychedelic experiences, hangings, etc.

groupshot.jpg

Interesting subgenre! Is G.I. Combat 1 a particular fave? One of the most violent of the precode war covers.

My post was kind of a joke. I just collect horror covers, with no real emphasis. I just found it kind of interesting that most of the top atomic age covers have some sort of head violence going on with them.

GIC 1? Are you sure you have the right issue? It's not particularly violent at all, just a guy with a machine gun. Did you mean War Fury 1?

Could be I'm mistaken, I don't have a copy at hand, but I remembered GIC 1 having a soldier in the far background taking a bullet through the skull, with the back of the skull being spewed out along the trajectory. Does anyone have a scan of GIC 1 they could post?

groupshot.jpg

Interesting subgenre! Is G.I. Combat 1 a particular fave? One of the most violent of the precode war covers.

My post was kind of a joke. I just collect horror covers, with no real emphasis. I just found it kind of interesting that most of the top atomic age covers have some sort of head violence going on with them.

GIC 1? Are you sure you have the right issue? It's not particularly violent at all, just a guy with a machine gun. Did you mean War Fury 1?

Could be I'm mistaken, I don't have a copy at hand, but I remembered GIC 1 having a soldier in the far background taking a bullet through the skull, with the back of the skull being spewed out along the trajectory. Does anyone have a scan of GIC 1 they could post?

From GCD. It think it does indeed contain head trauma. :sick:

188226.jpg

HOM92.jpg

:applause: Never seen that one. Great group of books!

For all the character sets I am trying to complete, I am lucky that I don't have any "theme" sets going on in my collection :o

If I had to pick one apart from an Eiffel tower one, I'd probably go with Atomic Bomb covers.

HOM92.jpg

:applause: Never seen that one. Great group of books!

For all the character sets I am trying to complete, I am lucky that I don't have any "theme" sets going on in my collection :o

If I had to pick one apart from an Eiffel tower one, I'd probably go with Atomic Bomb covers.

At least there's a finite list of greytones. :eek:

Aside from my SA Marvel collection I also collect Rollerskating covers.

In my 20s I managed a rollerskating rink and competed in speed skating and figure skated with a partner in dance, freedance and original set pattern. I remember when a rep. from Rollerblade came out to the rink and tried to get us to switch to Rollerblades. We thought he was nuts and the skates would never catch on. :tonofbricks: Good times.

wdcs30.jpg

Aside from my SA Marvel collection I also collect Rollerskating covers.

In my 20s I managed a rollerskating rink and competed in speed skating and figure skated with a partner in dance, freedance and original set pattern. I remember when a rep. from Rollerblade came out to the rink and tried to get us to switch to Rollerblades. We thought he was nuts and the skates would never catch on. :tonofbricks: Good times.

wdcs30.jpg

With that book, havn't you collected them all :baiting: