• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ambient Sunlight on Hanging Art

7 posts in this topic

Please excuse the newbie type question.

I know to never hang up my art on a wall that gets direct sunlight. But, what about a room that gets a lot of indirect light. I never thought about that until today.

I have a nice cover hanging on the wall in my boys room. There is no direct sunlight, but it is semi-bright in there all afternoon. Here is a photo where I tried to get the location of the window in relation to the art.

Should I be worried about it?

99661.jpg.0145d3d9e231bef9d4cbccc835c65239.jpg

It could definitely cause fading. Also, one of my framers also told me to never hang my valuable art on a wall that could get heated up by the sun. If there are temp changes in the wall's surface, it could also cause warping. That was something I never considered. After he told me that, I never hung my art on walls that shared a side with the outside. I only hang it on walls that have both sides in the interior of the house. I am a bit paranoid though. :)

It could definitely cause fading. Also, one of my framers also told me to never hang my valuable art on a wall that could get heated up by the sun. If there are temp changes in the wall's surface, it could also cause warping. That was something I never considered. After he told me that, I never hung my art on walls that shared a side with the outside. I only hang it on walls that have both sides in the interior of the house. I am a bit paranoid though. :)

+1

I did NOT get the UV glass. They were out at Aaron Bros when I purchased the frame. My other art has the UV glass. I thought I mentioned that. I'm going crazy today.

All apologies if you already mentioned that... (shrug)

Dan