• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeroesCon picture thread!

69 posts in this topic

This geek had some OK books :baiting: (Marvel 1 and Cap 1 just slightly stage left. )

DSC_0132.jpg

This might be a silly question but do all those books belong to Gator exclusively or do others own a percentage of the books in New Force Comics?

With that being said, are those three Superman #1's I see?

And is the one all the way to the left, the PGX "GLOD" that sold on Comic Connect?

One thing I have wondered is just who are these cosplay/costume people that come to these

cons? I mean they are awesome and I know there some folks here that dress up like Baltimore Lauren and a few others.

But does anyone know any of these folks other than that?

The reason why I ask is I rarely see a person in getup buying, so do they like comics,

or do they do their buying somewhere else or do they get friends to hold their books all day

so they will look cooler for photos???

usually at these shows it is an all or nothing type of display where the costume is so intense

it would be a challenge to hunt to seriously hunt for books in them.

does anyone know a con going costume guy/gal?

hm

So you had all them sign your plastic on the slabs and not the books??? Something new or thats how you do all them .. anti-yellow label.
Post 1980 I'm all about the yellow label. Books older than that, I can't bring myself to having anyone write on them. I can understand why people would, but it's not what I want to do with my books (shrug)

One thing I have wondered is just who are these cosplay/costume people that come to these

cons? I mean they are awesome and I know there some folks here that dress up like Baltimore Lauren and a few others.

The reason why I ask is I rarely see a person in getup buying, so do they like comics,

or do they do their buying somewhere else or do they get friends to hold their books all day

usually at these shows it is an all or nothing type of display where the costume is so intense

hm

hey nerf, who I still have not met . (shrug) I'm terrible with names but I never forget a face. I recognized a lot of the cosplay people out of costume buying. In fact Friday I saw the guy who is always the awesome black captain America buying like 25 trades and he was with a guy who was in the hawkeye costume later. If you notice, the costumed ppl are usually only around for a lil bit so I figure for most of the time they are in regular clothes on the floor. Well, except for one of the jokers, I ran into him at target ( about 3 hrs after the show) and he was still in full costume and character lol

hm

hey nerf, who I still have not met . (shrug) I'm terrible with names but I never forget a face. I recognized a lot of the cosplay people out of costume buying. In fact Friday I saw the guy who is always the awesome black captain America buying like 25 trades and he was with a guy who was in the hawkeye costume later. If you notice, the costumed ppl are usually only around for a lil bit so I figure for most of the time they are in regular clothes on the floor. Well, except for one of the jokers, I ran into him at target ( about 3 hrs after the show) and he was still in full costume and character lol

so do you know any of these guys/gals?

You think it would be tough to buy in that skull or iron man outfit.

Anyway I guess it was more of a question if you knew them?

(thumbs u

hm

I used to be big into the whole cosplay thing, but not so much anymore. I'm just lazy now. That being said, I still know several cosplayers, and yes, they do buy at conventions. They meet celebrities, buy stuff, compete in the costume contest (which I've never done). They're fans just like you (most of the time), except they dress up as well.

There is a select few who dress up for attention, or who dress like a character simply because the costume looks cool. Usually those people don't really buy the stuff nor care too. But they are few and far between.

They're reproductions that Herb did.

Someone on CAF posted those FOR SALE on Herb's behalf, but his name escapes me as does the ambition to go over there and do a search :sorry:

Not to hijack the thread, but I thought those original pages were destroyed when Len Wein's house caught fire some years back?

They're reproductions that Herb did.

Someone on CAF posted those FOR SALE on Herb's behalf, but his name escapes me as does the ambition to go over there and do a search :sorry:

Not to hijack the thread, but I thought those original pages were destroyed when Len Wein's house caught fire some years back?

That was last year...