• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Novel are you reading right now?

138 posts in this topic

Reading The Passage now by Justin Cronin, due to seeing it posted in this thread and also reading a blurb on it in Time magazine.

I must say I am pretty impressed, even though i am only 100pg in.

Finished the Lost by Jack Ketchum. Not the best I have read by him but still entertaining. Might go pick up the latest Nightside book by Simon Greene.

Just finished Stephen Baxter's Manifold:Space, 2nd in the trilogy.

Going to take sci-fi break and read Walking Dead Books 1 & 2! :banana:

Just finished the third book in fellow Scandinavian Stieg Larsson's trilogy, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Can highly recommend the series if you're a fan of realistic (and rather brutal) crime fiction :thumbsup:

I just heard an interview on NPR from publicist last month. I am interested in this trilogy can you tell me more. On a side note the author died 5 years ago after he turned in all 3 manuscripts I thought that was really suprising.

I read all 3 of these books in about 2 weeks. Great Reads really a bummer the author died before he could see them become a sucess.

:(

Finished the Lost by Jack Ketchum. Not the best I have read by him but still entertaining. Might go pick up the latest Nightside book by Simon Greene.

Have you read "RED" by Ketchum? Did you like it?

Just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo by Larsson... good plot but some of the translation choices made put me off a bit.

and

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon...one of the best books I have ever read.

Just started 2 short story collections:

Songs of a Dead Dreamer by Thomas Ligotti

and

Occultation by Laird Barron

Both of these are short story collections and great so far.

Up next

Speaks the Nightbird, The Queen of Bedlam, and Mister Slaughter by Robert McCammon

(thumbs u Love, love, LOVE Robert McCammon's books! You are going to really dig "Speaks the Nightbird". "Boy's Life" is one of my top 20 favorite books, "Usher's Passing" still freaks me out and give me goose bumps and "Swan Song" is an epic read along the lines of "The Stand".

Just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo by Larsson... good plot but some of the translation choices made put me off a bit.

and

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon...one of the best books I have ever read.

and

Up next

Speaks the Nightbird, The Queen of Bedlam, and Mister Slaughter by Robert McCammon

(thumbs u Love, love, LOVE Robert McCammon's books! You are going to really dig "Speaks the Nightbird". "Boy's Life" is one of my top 20 favorite books, "Usher's Passing" still freaks me out and give me goose bumps and "Swan Song" is an epic read along the lines of "The Stand".

Plus a bajillion!!

Reading The Passage now by Justin Cronin, due to seeing it posted in this thread and also reading a blurb on it in Time magazine.

I must say I am pretty impressed, even though i am only 100pg in.

Me too. I'm just over 50% through....awesome book so far. Will be a trilogy. Cronin actually sold my best friends his house last year after he sold the movie rights....movin on up

Been making my way through The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson over the last week or slow (not a lot of reading time lately).

I have not been the biggest fan of the Dresden Files, but I have to admit that the series (and Butcher) gets much better as it goes (which is not exactly common).

Thinking about a re-read of Jeff VanderMeer's (a favorite of mine -- can't go wrong) Finch, mostly because when I first read it (completely), it was a manuscript and I'm told some pretty dramatic changes were made.

and

and

Up next

I love McCammon. Swan Song is one of the few books that I read more than once and definitely enjoyed it better than The Stand which was great. Boy's Life was fantastic as well. I should check out his Mister Slaughter.