• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price for All Star Western #10 CGC 9.4 White Pages

18 posts in this topic

I think there was one listed on ebay in the $800 range but it didn't sell. I could be wrong on the grade.

The going rate for a 9.0 is around 650 to 700, a 9.2 is going around 1000. So I'm assuming a 9.4 would be in the 1400+ range, although the last sale in gpa for a 9.4 was 1000. I think that would be considered an outlier.

I remember Harley having a 9.4 ASW 10, not sure if that is his.

I must admit I get pretty annoyed with the 'hype' nonsense.

Of course it exists but it is dissing the Inherent Awesomeness of what the book is. Jonah Hex exists because of ASW 10, not the other way round.

The book has its own merits and to me they are not any greater because a movie was made of it. And I think that the higher graded copies are more special as it is a squarebound or double size or whatever you call it making them harder to come by.

People keep saying sell my Showcase 22 and GL 74 prior to the movie in case it sucks. But then all I would get in exchange is money. And all I would do with that is buy more books. So might as well keep the books.

Joe

ASW 10 is a super sweet key. It always was and it always will be. It made it's way onto my want list as a 15 year old in 1985. I found a beater copy a couple of years later. By the time I was getting serious about CGC books, the horse had already left the barn (just like GL 76) for what I wanted to pay in the grade I wanted to have.

That book got juiced to hell by movie hype, but it will always be an important Bronze Age key.

I remember Harley having a 9.4 ASW 10, not sure if that is his.

I must admit I get pretty annoyed with the 'hype' nonsense.

Of course it exists but it is dissing the Inherent Awesomeness of what the book is. Jonah Hex exists because of ASW 10, not the other way round.

The book has its own merits and to me they are not any greater because a movie was made of it. And I think that the higher graded copies are more special as it is a squarebound or double size or whatever you call it making them harder to come by.

People keep saying sell my Showcase 22 and GL 74 prior to the movie in case it sucks. But then all I would get in exchange is money. And all I would do with that is buy more books. So might as well keep the books.

Joe

yeah I seen the Jonah Hex movie and was really disappointed in it, I can`t believe Warner would allow a movie like that, Jonah is one of my all-time favorite characters. I was just kind of worried that this movie will give mainstream a terrible impression of a great character, kinda like how people think of Daredevil/Ben Affleck. 2c

That one sold for $1350. I'd guess the price will be back down to the $1,000-1,100 range by summer's end.

I'm a _huge_ Jonah Hex fan, have (and have read) nearly all of his pre-1985 appearances. And the movie really did suck. As in worse than Ghost Rider. 4 beers was not enough to see it as a Saturday matinee.