• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver and Bronze - Green Lantern (#1), Showcase #22 and B&B #28 added!

50 posts in this topic

I have decided to purge most of the few remaining Silver and Bronze Age books I have left to build a small stash to chase a couple of higher end books.

As usual, :takeit: trumps PMs.

Shipping will start at $10 for one slab or up to 3 raw books in a small box in Canada and the continental USA.

Here is the first and only book for tonight:

Detective Comics #417 CGC 9.4 White Pages - $125 :news:SOLD

2nd HIGHEST CGC GRADED COPY!!!!!!!!! ;)

Last GPA sale was for $376 in October 2009. :o

scan0004.jpg

scan0005.jpg

Okay, here are a couple of slabs to tide things over while I scan in the raw books:

Green Lantern #1 CGC 3.5 CR/OW - $600 :news:SOLD

I bought this from another boardie who purchased it originally from Stephen Ritter in 2003 as the Bowling Green copy. There is no documentation, though, hence no designation on the slab.

cgcGreenLantern1.jpg

cgcGreenLantern1bc.jpg

Sorry for the delay. I am having internet issues tonight for some reason. Looks like I will just post one or two more slabs for the night..............

Green Lantern #7 CGC 7.0 CR/OW - $600

Gorgeous copy with some minor chipping along the left edge of the back cover bringing it down.

There is a very small piece of paper stuck between the inner well and outer slab midway up the right edge of the front cover. It is not a chip or piece from the book itself.

cgcGreenLantern7.jpg

cgcGreenLantern7bc.jpg

Congratulations Blackhawks! :applause:

Here are a few new books for tonight....................

Avengers #57 FN - $40

1st Appearance of SA Vision.

Bought this book from a major dealer a couple of months as a FN/VF which I initially agreed with. However, after a closer inspection tonight it has a small faint moisture spot/stain on the top edge next to the spine which downgrades it. Needless to say I am taking a loss on it. :cry:

Avengers57.jpg

Avengers57bc.jpg

Detective Comics #395 VF- $50 :news:SALE PENDING

Classic Neal Adams cover and interior artwork.

Bought this one from the same dealer as the Avengers #57 as a NM- :tonofbricks:

It is very nice structurally, but there is a tiny 1/16" edge tear on the lower right side of the front cover and a thumb indent bend/crease and 1/16" tear on the right side of the top edge on the back cover.

DetectiveComics395.jpg

DetectiveComics395bc.jpg

Detective Comics #397 FN/VF - $20 :news:SOLD

Looks better but there is a faint non color breaking parallel bend/crease along the middle of the spine.

DetectiveComics397.jpg

DetectiveComics397bc.jpg