• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 700 is $4.99? Are you frakkin' serious!

61 posts in this topic

As bad as it was, and although I vowed never to buy variants again, I went and did it. doh!

th_Batman700.jpgth_Batman700Variant.jpgth_Batman700SketchVariant.jpg

Both are gorgeous covers though, and I'm a sucker for Batman sketch covers.

As bad as it was, and although I vowed never to buy variants again, I went and did it. doh!

You and me both Gav :( You got yourself a Mignola 1:75 sketch?? Niice

You and me both Gav :( You got yourself a Mignola 1:75 sketch?? Niice

Couldn't resist it. Blagged it as a Father's Day present lol

I'll probably get that sketch one slabbed, I wouldn't mind all of the Bats sketch covers in 9.8.

I've got the #670 in 9.8 (through a submission no less :o ), but I've given the B&R one a miss, although it's a decent title I'll just be sticking to the main Bat title. I suppose that narrows it down a bit bit still, I can always pick the others somewhere down the road...

I read Issue

There was nothing compelling about story............

Seems to be the trend with Morrison recently................ :baiting:

rantrant Hiyo!

... wow, really!? Grant is all about the set-up and build-up, trust me.

I thought you would have changed since I have been M.I.A., kimik

P.S.

Baited and caught!

Look for my return! :insane:

I thought some of the stuff he did in 2000AD was OK, but when he started on Batman was the first time I read his stuff in US comics. Personally I think he's a complete bellend, this is supposed to be a good fun read, not a mindbending two year long riddle that has no real ending.

The build up to RIP was terrible, and RIP itself was even worse. Batman & Robin was OK, but now he's back on Batman it's complete toss again. I just wish he'd sod off and leave the title alone. Stand it alongside Neil Gaiman's two-parter or even Judd Winnick's short run, Morrison's stuff continues to confuse.

rantrant Hiyo!

You got to be kidding me, again with the Final Crisis and R.I.P garbage-rants!?

... not gonna even gonna waste my time with your comments, Boozad

P.S.

Look for my return! :insane:

$4.99 is not per se unreasonable if the issue isn't full of filler, like if maybe there were a legit 64 story pages in there (and they were good).

I'd have no problem paying $4.99 for a 64 page Goon or Walking Dead or whatever if not full of filler.

Of course, that's the content of 3 regular issue comics, so of course $4.99 would be ok.

For a change (unlesss he has a long box of them in the back, which is quite possible) my main LCS doesn't seem to have overordered and gotten burned on these two anniversary issues. He was stuck with SO many extra ASM 600s and DD 500s.

You should get the sketch variant signed by Mignola G :cloud9:

I would actually love to even though I don't do SS any more. I only own one SS book (Bats #686 sketch variant signed by Neil Gaiman), and am looking to add one more certain artist, but I suppose Mignola would be a good addition Lloyd (thumbs u

:news:

For the 3 or 4 of us who didn't absolutely hate Batman RIP (Hiyo! :hi:), be advised that Batman #701 is by Morrison & Daniels, and is "RIP: The Missing Chapter." It begins moments after Dr. Hurt's chopper goes down in the last few pages of the original RIP arc, and ends with Batman called upon to investigate Orion's murder from Final Crisis #1.

Next issue, supposedly the "conclusion" ( :eyeroll: ) is entitled "Batman's Last Case."

So far, I'm intrigued...

For the 3 or 4 of us who didn't absolutely hate Batman RIP (Hiyo! :hi:), be advised that Batman #701 is by Morrison & Daniels, and is "RIP: The Missing Chapter." It begins moments after Dr. Hurt's chopper goes down in the last few pages of the original RIP arc, and ends with Batman called upon to investigate Orion's murder from Final Crisis #1.

Next issue, supposedly the "conclusion" ( :eyeroll: ) is entitled "Batman's Last Case."

So far, I'm intrigued...

Hey im one of the 3 or 4 ppl as well! lol I believe this missing arc + the current batman and Robin arc going on, once its over i believe its going to be one of the best batman stories ever told.

If Morrison wasn't so far up his own arse, he'd have got it all in order first time round instead of constantly pushing back deadlines and screwing everything up.

Yeah, $5 is nuts. It was padded in the back with layouts of the bat-cave. i guess technically i paid $3.50, but this was a waste.

Yeah is the girl on the left of your sig the actress from 7th heaven, can't remember her name??? That girl is too fine! :cloud9:

The regular cvr and the color variant look like some 9.8skies from the front (thumbs u