• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 700 is $4.99? Are you frakkin' serious!

61 posts in this topic

I dont see it being a problem at all being $5. DC is moving to $4 books like marvel did and a $1 bump for a milestone book seems normal to me. The book is also bigger. 56 pages so the extra $1 is justified. I personally cant wait for this book! Morrison story, Kubert, Daniel, Quietly art?! sign me up!

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't justify picking it up today. I used to buy all the milestone (and not the company) books automatically but at $4.99 and with all the pin up pages in the back, I passed on it on my first trip to the shop. :(

I read Issue

There was nothing compelling about story............

Seems to be the trend with Morrison recently................ :baiting:

Cool concept on the story, but it was still not worth the extra $1.00. If they continue this I'll pull Batman from my pull list and be officially back down to 0 DC titles.

Don't get me wrong I'm not keen on Marvel's $3.99 price either which is why I usually choose what $2.99 books they have to offer with a smile on my face (Nova and Moon Knight for example).

Batman #700 :cloud9:

I'd buy it at $104.99.

And you may when 9.9's or a 10 start appearing on e-bay.

DRX

Believe me mate, the next time I own a 9.9 or 10 will be through submitting one. I'll never pay a massive premium for an extra .1 or .2 over a 9.8. 9.8s sit just fine with me.

As per the book though, I really do wish Morrison would sod off to another title and stop being 'clever' on Batman. I hate his writing on the main Bat title, B&R is OK so why does he do it so differently on Batman?