• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #251 or `Tec #395 ?

30 posts in this topic

251 hands down, assuming they are of equal grade. The most iconic Bronze Age batman cover and the (re)introduction of the psychotic and dangerous Joker. 395 is a great book (I have one SS'd by Adams) but I would have done a 251 over it hands down if I had an 8.0-9.0 copy available.

I don't know about "hands down" but, I do love that cover..I think I have gotten three homages done already, and see it as Iconic almost...but that 395 is such a cool book too, I have wanted the 'Millenium edition' signed for the longest..

Period

That wasn't one of the choices. :sumo:

The OP said...

Which one would you do? (shrug)

Since Gena Carano wasn't a choice, I said "227".

I'd also be hesitant to say 251 as the hands down best BA Bats especially when you consider 227. What isn't really up for debate though is that ANY BA Batman book that is a contender for consideration simply MUST be an Adams' cover. He IS Bronze Age Batman!

(And I'd pick the 251 as it is probably one of the top three I'd consider--227 being the only other one to give it a run for its money and 232 being a close 3rd place)

I'd also be hesitant to say 251 as the hands down best BA Bats especially when you consider 227. What isn't really up for debate though is that ANY BA Batman book that is a contender for consideration simply MUST be an Adams' cover. He IS Bronze Age Batman!

(And I'd pick the 251 as it is probably one of the top three I'd consider--227 being the only other one to give it a run for its money and 232 being a close 3rd place)

The reason why I say hands down is because he said choose between 251 and Tec 395. 227, to me, is still not a top tier choice. Yes, it is a super sweet cover, but that is all it has going for it. The story is pedestrian. My top Bronze choice would be Bats 232 because Ra's al-Ghul is the sweetest DC villain evah!

The reason why I say hands down is because he said choose between 251 and Tec 395. 227, to me, is still not a top tier choice. Yes, it is a super sweet cover, but that is all it has going for it. The story is pedestrian. My top Bronze choice would be Bats 232 because Ra's al-Ghul is the sweetest DC villain evah!

Isn't 227 a reprint or am I thinking of another book? Wish I had a 232 to go with the 251. What a sweet one-two punch that would be. :cloud9: