• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little help with a ink transfer?

12 posts in this topic

This is the back cover of a very nice book...BUT I have never seen anything like this. Seller claims that its some type of transfer stain (perhaps when the ink was drying) on the inside back cover that bled to the outside cover.

What affect would this have on the book if without it the book is a solid NM?

ff50b.jpg

An ink transfer occurs when the books are stacked after printing. The front cover inks transfer to the BC that is stacked on top of it. Or vice-versa.

Is there a purple/blue artwork in the same place on the FC? If so, then maybe. But it looks to me to be too localized.

Ink transfer on the inside back cover that bled through? If its an FF50, the inside black cover only has black ink and text on that spot. The inside last page is red and yellow, no blue (cyan). Tell the seller to try again and trust your gut. Looks like marker or pen to me. Or maybe solvent that caused a bleed.

And if its a stacking transfer from the front of another copy, FF 50 is brown.

Ink transfer on the inside back cover that bled through? If its an FF50, the inside black cover only has black ink and text on that spot. The inside last page is red and yellow, no blue (cyan). Tell the seller to try again and trust your gut. Looks like marker or pen to me. Or maybe solvent that caused a bleed.

And if its a stacking transfer from the front of another copy, FF 50 is brown.

Actually I didn't mention the book, so how would you summize its an FF 50? I do agree that its not an ink transfer though, and maybe even a distributor mark that happened to hit that spot instead of lower when going through books.

Steve