• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Golden age, baby! ECs, DCs, precode, more...

57 posts in this topic

Hi folks, and welcome to another sales thread! Still trying to claw my way to a Tec #35 (I'm guessing I'm about 60% of the way there, if you're keeping score at home), and am going to offer up some more GA comic goodies. Some fun items coming up. (I really hate to see these go, but what can ya do?)

Most of the GA pulps I had posted last week are still available as well... not going to repost them, but here's the pulp thread, and feel free to take 10% off all listed prices for these pulps only.

Comics up in a few... Shipping is extra. Thanks for looking! (thumbs u

--Jon

Spellbound #14 in 7.0. Uncommon Atlas with a fantastic Bill Everett black skeleton cover--one of his best of the 1950s. Extremely pretty book, with deep inks and a nice glossy sheen. Just a bit of corner/spine wear and a faint impact at the bottom keep this from a higher grade. (I can email you a huge scan; just ask.) Pages are cream/offwhite to be safe, but "brighter" cream, not dark. A gem of a book, near impossible in this grade. I hate to offer it, and I'll miss it if it sells.

$250 SOLD

spellbound14.jpg

Back

Science Comics #7, reading copy. 1940 Fox greatness, but rough spine and it's missing a few random pages (27/28, 37/38). The centerfold is intact, though a bit tattered on the edges. Page quality is nice. Not the easiest book to find; I've been looking to upgrade for ages with no luck. Solid filler copy, well worth having for the cool cover alone.

$100

science7.jpg

Back

Startling Terror Tales #14 in 6.0/6.5. Awesome black LB Cole horror cover. Beautiful flat book dripping with gloss & electric colors; looks even better than grade. Very tough to find this nice.

$80

stt14.jpg

Back

Weird Science-Fantasy #25 in 5.5 (q). Sharp copy of this book, featuring Al Williamson's beautiful cover and story art for Ray Bradbury's classic The Sound of Thunder. Strong mid-grade copy, though it appears that small bits of tape were added & removed on the spine (no idea why), and a second set of staples were discreetly added and removed from the back as well (once again, no idea why as the book is very solid). Not sure if that makes it qualified?... you make the call. Overall, a sweet mid-grade copy with nice bright cover & pages...very tough to find a copy of this book that presents this well.

$95 SOLD

wsf25.jpg

Back

Weird Science-Fantasy #29 in 1.8. Classic Frazetta cover! And beautiful art inside by Wood, Williamson and others. This is a low-grade reader with extra staples & interior tape on the spine. That said, it looks pretty darn nice for a reader... with these dark cover colors, hard to find lower-grade copies that present decently.

$90 SOLD

wsf29.jpg

Back

Weird Science-Fantasy #25 in 5.5 (q). Sharp copy of this book, featuring Al Williamson's beautiful cover and story art for Ray Bradbury's classic The Sound of Thunder. Strong mid-grade copy, though it appears that small bits of tape were added & removed on the spine (no idea why), and a second set of staples were discreetly added and removed from the back as well (once again, no idea why as the book is very solid). Not sure if that makes it qualified?... you make the call. Overall, a sweet mid-grade copy with nice bright cover & pages...very tough to find a copy of this book that presents this well.

$95

wsf25.jpg

That one's been on my top ten list for a year now. :takeit:

Captain Science #5 in 3.0. Fun sci-fi book with Wally Wood art. Cover has outstanding eye appeal and colors, looks like a VERY strong VG/VG+ with light general wear, but there's a piece out of the top margin of the first page a bit smaller than a dime. So I'd grade the book a technical GVG, that certainly looks better. OS Guide is $120 in grade.

$70 SOLD

captainscience5.jpg

Back

$95

That one's been on my top ten list for a year now. :takeit:

...And with good reason! Such a great ish. Thanks Andrew. :applause:

Vault of Horror #28 in 4.5. Real attractive copy of this EC classic. Has one of my favorite EC horror stories of all time (art by Johnny Craig), where a guy is pursued by his beautiful (but unfortunately, decaying) zombie wife. Sharp and appealing copy with just a bit of spine roll and a small piece out of the back cover.

$80 SOLD

vault28.jpg

Back

Captain Science #5 in 3.0. Fun sci-fi book with Wally Wood art. Cover has outstanding eye appeal and colors, looks like a VERY strong VG/VG+ with light general wear, but there's a piece out of the top margin of the first page a bit smaller than a dime. So I'd grade the book a technical GVG, that certainly looks better. OS Guide is $120 in grade.

$70

captainscience5.jpg

Back

Love this cover...I have one in plastic I can admire, but someone should grab this, they are not easy to find!

:hi: Hey Sha!

Folks, sorry for the delays in posting BTW. My internet service has been slow as molasses tonight. (Of course, after I finally buy a Tec 35 I may need to disconnect service completely.) :insane:

Vault of Horror #30 in 6.0. Classic "hand on the subway strap" cover, which has been going for a premium in recent years. Book has a structure and clean appearance closer to 7.0, but some transfer staining to the covers (nice pgs tho), and on close inspection there's a bit of wear/fuzziness to the spine. I'd call it a nice mid-grade.

$140 SOLD

vault30.jpg

Back

Pogo Parade #1 in 6.0/6.5. Really fun Dell squarebound, packed full of early Walt Kelly Pogo & Albert stories. Bright glossy book with a nice spine! Looks pretty high grade, with just a handful of soft welts and scuffs in the gloss, and light tanning to the inside covers. OS Guide is $75 in 6.0.

$32

pogo.jpg

Back

Catman #30, reading copy. Nice lower grade of this LB Cole issue, but missing some pages in the center (I count 11 pages left of the staple and 10 pages right of the staple...go figure?). The Catman story is complete, as is the Molly O'Moore story (very sexy GGA panels in this one); it appears that just one story in the middle is affected by the page loss. Decent reader/filler of this hot and pricey series.

$48

catman30.jpg

Back

Remember Pearl Harbor #nn in 1.5. Uncommon 1942 comic retelling the events of Pearl Harbor for kids. One of the more unique narrative formats I've ever seen; the book is essentially one long story about Pearl Harbor which interweaves comic pages (including some cool splash pages) and text pages illustrated with comic panels. Reading copy; cover detached, frayed spine with splits, long tear across back. This has to be a pretty tough book to find.

$60

rememberpearlharbor.jpg

Back

Planet Comics #34 in 1.8. Awesome leggy GGA/bondage cover... one of the nicer covers of the middle of the run, that IMO isn't for sale too often. Beautiful art inside, with plenty more GGA. Nice clean cover image, but spine has tape and extra staples (looks like covers were split or pretty close to it). Solid book, great read.

$80 SOLD

planet34.jpg

Back