• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1 Chris Fulton Sketch cover Commissions OPEN!

79 posts in this topic

Chris, you mention you like Tolkien but I'm surprised you haven't tackled any LOTR material. I'd be really surprised if you didn't do a killer job on a ringwraith especially considering the way you handled the Frazetta death dealer.

And I'd probably say of all the comic characters, Spidey and Venom seem to be your strongest--though perhaps I'd toss Ghost Rider in there as well. Very good stuff there!

lol i've done a ton of Tolkien work just before the time i started scanning and posting everything, but you did give me an awesome idea for a Ringwraiths pic i'll prob get started on it asap lol

as for the spideys and Venoms man i get slammed on the Venoms at the cons, but it's cool i love him! i really dig drawing Ghost Rider, but my Lantern stuff has been pretty hot lately i'm sure due to Blackest night.

thanks for the complements and the ringwraith idea!

lol i've done a ton of Tolkien work just before the time i started scanning and posting everything, but you did give me an awesome idea for a Ringwraiths pic i'll prob get started on it asap lol

as for the spideys and Venoms man i get slammed on the Venoms at the cons, but it's cool i love him! i really dig drawing Ghost Rider, but my Lantern stuff has been pretty hot lately i'm sure due to Blackest night.

I think where your Venoms appear strongest is when you don't oveplay the extended jawline. The picture in this thread is a good example of that. I think I am most turned off when artists overly exaggerate the jaw as though it were some sort of "back-hoe with an underbite." lol Obviously, McFarlane set the standard with this character and it's tough to top the originator but I do believe it's possible for artists to do a respectable job and still inject their own style into him. I think Sam Keith is a good example of this. Ultimately, when he deviates too far from Spider-Man's appearance and loses that aspect, I think the appeal drops. You'll notice McFarlane's maintains some semblance of Spidey but twists and perverts him enough to let us know this is definitely a perversion of ol' Red & Blue. 2c

And you might want to take a look at the Games Workshop (miniatures wargaming if you're not familiar) website for some really cool Lord of the Rings stuff. I'd imagine they'd have some good inspirational material for the wraiths ;)

lol ii've done a ton of Tolkien work just before the time i started scanning and posting everything, but you did give me an awesome idea for a Ringwraiths pic i'll prob get started on it asap lol

Your sketches are awesome :grin:

BTW your name sounds familiar hm

well it says your from Texas i'm from Texas, do you go to any cons in Texas? i do just about every con in Texas, wow i said Texas four times no wait 5! doh!
Yes,I do with the great state of Texas :acclaim:

We don't get a lot a comic-cons in Texas,but Wizard World is going to be in Austin,TX in Nov,I'm thinking about going hm