• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to do with my modern 9.4

32 posts in this topic

I got three Miller Daredevil's graded, just yesterday, so I don't have the books in hand. I was tracking them as I'm sure everyone does. They were issues 174, 175 and 176. I was fairly confident they were all 9.8's...at the worse 9.6's.

The 175 and 176 in fact came back as 9.8's...yeah for me!!!

The 174 came back as a 9.4...apparently and unfortunately I missed something along the way. Not a bad grade for a book, just not so good for that age of a book.

My question is, what do I do with this thing now. I really didn't want anything less than a 9.6 for my Miller Daredevil's. What would you guys do? Is it even worth trying to sell...or should I just hang on to it and be thankful for what it is. I was the winning bidder for 4.99 on it on eBay, so I guess it is a good deal all in all.

Also, do you think the coupon freebies get pushed aside for paying customers...the freebies I got graded took forever. These 3 were received at CGC on May 25th and are already done.

I have a book that was pre-screened by Matt Nelson as a 9.8 that somehow ended up as a 9.2 (got creased at the bottom left corner at some point), I am likely to donate it or give it as a gift at some point as it is not even worth the slabbing costs.

Not sure about the timing of the coupons vs. regular books but I was under the impression they should be about the same.

Crack it out, throw the book and the label in a mylar another 20 years (looks better that way anyways). Lets face it a book like that from that era and in 9.4 grade is a sunk cost so enjoy it.

I have another, it was the very first back issue comic I ever bought, so I have one in a lesser grade that I can enjoy.

But the responses are what I figured for the most part...oh well.

It's a lot better than everyone giving the same exact answer, or no answer at all....

Gotta have a sense of humor around here....

I wasn't dissing on anybody with that comment, I just meant that I figured it was pretty much worthless...which is what everybody said.

I have read it and own a reader.

It's a lot better than everyone giving the same exact answer, or no answer at all....

Gotta have a sense of humor around here....

I wasn't dissing on anybody with that comment, I just meant that I figured it was pretty much worthless...which is what everybody said.

I have read it and own a reader.

Oh. Sorry. :(

I read your reply wrong. See how easy that is to do...? ;)