• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just obtained my first cover art and couldn't be happier!

12 posts in this topic

I have been working with a gentlemen named Lou Haberman for awhile now to obtain a cover from my all-time favorite Superman run. I came across this cover while searching on CAF looking for art from the Death/Return/Reign of Superman run. I contacted Lou and asked if there would be any way he would be willing to sell it, and he informed me that he doesn't sell his art. He said that he has only sold one piece of art ever and it was to a guy who was so persistant that he finally gave in. I informed him that I would probably end up being just as persistant as this other guy and just wondered if I had any shot at getting this cover. He tought about it and he said that he would sell it. :banana:

Lou has an amazing collection check out his walls of art http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=16296

So here is my cover Adventures of Superman 504:

AdventuresofSuperman504CoverArt.jpg

Here it is framed, I tried to talk him into the Superman 81 cover, but he said it would cost me an arm and a leg :(

AdventuresofSuperman504Framed.jpg

Congrats on getting a cover

And double congrats on being able to pry it away from Lou. When I see something in his CAF I just figure I'll never get a shot at it. He's got a WOLVERINE cover I would love to get :frustrated:

Thank you!

Yeah I guess it doesn't help that he doesn't need the money either, but I enjoy a challenge. :)