• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should this area be called The Sketching Room instead?

21 posts in this topic

It seems that the majority of the conversations here involve sketching now. It seems like the movement is away from just signatures to sketches only. Thoughts???

or dump your junk room

It seems that the majority of the conversations here involve sketching now. It seems like the movement is away from just signatures to sketches only. Thoughts???

or dump your junk room

Wow, if that were the case, you'd be busy 24/7.

I think people still get a lot of signatures, and it gets spoken on here -- but it's more impressive to show sketch cover most times, and most people here have just gotten more comfortable over time and evolved to sketch covers, lol.

I don't think so, the description of the room says "A forum to discuss everything to do with collecting CGC Signature Series books and unwitnessed signatures." -- sketch covers still fall under 'signature series' books, it's not out of context :shrug:

well should we post all the sketch covers in the OA forum?

Maybe this forum needs to be split. Sketches and another one just for sigs.

I don't believe there's enough action on either side to warrant that decision.

well should we post all the sketch covers in the OA forum?

Maybe this forum needs to be split. Sketches and another one just for sigs.

I don't believe there's enough action on either side to warrant that decision.

If anything it would be nice to have a sales forum in here for cgc ss book like OA has, so if you collect cgc ss books and not others they are easily found :shrug:

What both these guys said.

If anything it would be nice to have a sales forum in here for cgc ss book like OA has, so if you collect cgc ss books and not others they are easily found :shrug:

This has been brought up a number of times but it turned out to be a pretty decisive issues with many people in favor and many others not. So... it remains as is.

And frankly, I'd rather we kept the sketches here. That's not to say the OA forum doesn't allow for sketches, but I think many of us post sketches to share with others and enjoy the experience of sharing. While some OA-ers DO enjoy the sketches, I do think here is a segment who feel sketches are somewhat pedestrian compared to OA-proper. Here? It's a major source of enjoyment.

Not surprisingly, many of the people who procure siggies for us are also the ones who get those wonderful sketches via the SS program so all the more reason to leave things as is.

Besides, sometimes it's nice to not have to jump around to read about things I like which are interrelated.

or dump your junk room

Wow, if that were the case, you'd be busy 24/7.

I got rid of my SS junk years ago, I was smart.