• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which comics will have the biggest price moves in the new OSPG?

35 posts in this topic

For GA, I'm not really an expert to say (not that I'm actually an expert in much of ANYTHING lol ), however, I think we'll probably see a continued rise in the pre-Robin TEC market. It just seems like I hear the big GA collectors talking about how even the low grade books continue to defy the OS and FMV expectations. Combined with the recent $1 million + sale of TEC 27, and I think you have a recipe for continued progression in values. And by all means, I'd apply the same paradigm to early Action Comics issues as well.

For Silver Age, the biggest one that comes to mind is SC 22 as it is a pretty obvious choice. Before the bust, a lower GD range copy could be had for guide or slightly less. Now, it's what? 2-3x guide? Like all jumps in OS values, I still believe it will be conservative upward movement, but upward nonetheless. Additionally, I think JIM 83 is going to see a bit of a bump due to movie hype as well. Lastly, I'd say the darkhorse key--ASM 1--ought to see a jump as well. FMV now is showing this book has legs in the $1k range at the 1.0 grade (providing we're talking 1.0 universal graded). While some are naysaying this as a not being a top tier SA Marvel key (on par w/ FF1, Hulk 1, ToS 39, etc), I think the body of buyers and sellers would say otherwise. Lastly, I'd also say we'll continued movement on ToS 39 due in no small part to another strong showing in the movies as it continues to cement a positive fanbase for Iron Man.

On Bronze & Copper Age, I think we'll probably see greatest potential in the 1980s stuff--particularly the non-mainstream grail, TMNT #1. I think the BA keys will continue to see improved valuation particularly those with association to upcoming movies--though I have to say I was expecting more out of IM 282 and ToS 79 (?).

And I have no idea about moderns. :grin:

But I am neither an expert collector or BSD so take all of that with a grain of salt. ;)

Mac Man good post... I agree on the Silverage books you mentioned

I agree. GL stuff has another year to go up with the movie hype coming.

All the books went down in the ne OSPG by $50 across the board, and if they were priced less than $50 they are marked free or a picture of an outhouse next to the book :)

That is some funny stuff there.

i think wolverine 180,181. i believe the early wolverine xmen books will go up as well. i think the frank miller limited will go up again. i dont know if the regular series will make much of a move. i dont consider the origins books early wolverine books. speaking of origins. i think the xmen origins deapool that is about to come out will blow up. obviously not in the new overstreet. but i think it will be really hot.

Maybe Crime Suspenstories #22. OPG has 2.0 listed as 37 dollars, but that book goes for at least three to four times that amount in low grade. And I'd imagine sky is the limit on high grade, but I don't ever see any pristine copies offered for sale.

i think wolverine 180,181. i believe the early wolverine xmen books will go up as well. i think the frank miller limited will go up again. i dont know if the regular series will make much of a move. i dont consider the origins books early wolverine books. speaking of origins. i think the xmen origins deapool that is about to come out will blow up. obviously not in the new overstreet. but i think it will be really hot.
Don't you mean HULK 180, 181? ;)

The main books I collect will have a slight upward move....even though i can never purchase these books at the listed Overstreet price.... (shrug)

This book needs a major correction on a lot of GA books. It will not happen though, we will have the same 5% increase that we have every year...on most of the books I collect (provided they are 8.0 or higher). Some of the books I collect are not available in 8.0 or higher..... (shrug)

I suppose if you are looking for increases on what you collect every year you better stick with Key books, whether SA or GA. :)

Outside of that.........don't expect too much...

I wonder what Airboy #5 (in 9.8 or better) will be listed at..... hm

Oh...I forgot...only goes to NM- 9.2 on Moderns...maybe Bob can list Moderns from 6.0..to 9.8 grades instead of having 2.0..4.0...etc. listed for these books..

Oh...I forgot...only goes to NM- 9.2 on Moderns...maybe Bob can list Moderns from 6.0..to 9.8 grades instead of having 2.0..4.0...etc. listed for these books..

As I've said many times before, Overstreet needs a "nominal" notation for many books, mostly moderns and coppers. Listing books at cover price or higher for what are essentially worthless or dollar box comics does a disservice to newbies and, arguably, the hobby in general.