• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBCA Comic Book Quarterly - Spring 2010

32 posts in this topic

Just under the wire for spring, but here is the most recent issue. Based on comments after the last issue I have changed the look, but am still open to ideas for improvements.

As usual, if you have an article you would like to contribute please e-mail or PM me.

Lots of contributions this issue from CGC Board members. Please read and enjoy.

Mike

CBQSpring2010page01.png

CBQSpring2010page02.png

CBQSpring2010page03.png

I've become quite comfortable reading on the Web and could have read a lot more.

I can't imagine saying something is too much to read. I love reading. I guess I need a better definition of what make a text too long. If it's well done, it's well done.

I am always interested in articles on the history of comics and I appreciate depth and scholarship. Keep up the good work.

I've become quite comfortable reading on the Web and could have read a lot more.

I can't imagine saying something is too much to read. I love reading. I guess I need a better definition of what make a text too long. If it's well done, it's well done.

I am always interested in articles on the history of comics and I appreciate depth and scholarship. Keep up the good work.

I agree, when I read a a market report I like to know they put some thought into it and these guys did a great job,also enjoyed the articles. (thumbs u

First impression: That's a LOT of text...

For reading online, I totally agree. But that's why we provide a pdf version if someone would rather download and read a hard copy.

Just this past week I brought the print version with me to read on a flight... it was great and provided some real substance.

:hi:

And for what it's worth, I think it seems to be about on par with other online newsletters that I receive in terms of text-to-visuals.

If it was a website... yeah. Too much block text, but I think that's where intention comes into play. But sckao, you obviously know your stuff when it comes to online publication--what suggestions would you make?

IMO there is not too much text. I personally think this is one of the best contributions the CBCA makes to community. This edition was really well laid out compared to the last. Monthly releases are too much to ask because it is basically one person putting this out and he has much other stuff to deal with. I hope that this newsletter continues to grow in size and doesn't get too cluttered with images or shorted so that there is only limited amount of articles in it that only appeal to a narrow section of the collecting community. This is intended to be of interest to all variations of collectors out there.

If people do have suggestions to make it better do so. Mike listened to my criticisms on the last edition and IMO did a fantastic job of making this edition much easier to read. So he is very flexible and does listen to what you have to say which I have to give him a great amount of kudos for.

Great job Mike! Keep up the great work and if you need a hand you know how to get in touch with me.