• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cover artist or interior artist?

31 posts in this topic

Each of them appears way too often on stuff that's just dumb.

Indeed. Earlier in the week when this thread popped up --> "Would you get a sig on a book if person created the character but never drew him" I almost commented "some people would have Stan Lee sign a bible if it was nearby", but I abstained.

signing anywhere but on the cover wouldnt do any good if it is going to be a cgc ss book.

so mac you are saying if someone walked up with the book and told you how much your work meant to them and that you were their favorite artists you would just turn them down? i can understand that to a degree but with cgc ss the sig would never be seen if not signed on either front or back covers.

im far from being an artist. stick people is about the best i can do but with you being a major part of the comic. signing on the front cover would be ok in my opinion. obviously if someone asked and you declined they would have to respect that since you are not the cover artist. im glad simon doesnt feel that way. he is a hero of mine and to have him on any captain america cover is awesome to me.

Of course i would sign the book if the artist that drew the cover signed it as well. I would sign the inside since thats what i drew. My personal feeling and that doesnt mean that i would be a bunghole about signing is that the credit belongs to the artist

responsible for the cover. Ive signed books solely on the fact that ive worked with the company that produced the book,if a fan wants my sig,hey ill sign. Im not heartless.lol

I've signed covers just because I was helping out Billy @ his booth. They met me, we gabbed, I apparently made an impression. I told them, "dude. You really don't want my sig. I have nothing to do w/ these books aside from a fan & a pusher." They insisted, so I signed & drew stick figures sword fighting.

Interesting subject.

Personally I wouldn't sign this book:

f_fgrvam_4d472ae.jpg

I drew the interiors but not the cover. The signature right belongs to the cover artist.

Thats just me.

mac

Thanks, that is exactly the kind of input was looking for. The basis for my question was more about how the artist might feel signing a book with a cover he didn't do. I wouldn't want to make them feel weird when I asked for a sig and as a result forced them into an awkward situation.