• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer nº1 grading...

26 posts in this topic

The "serious" flaws i detect preventing it from going on a higher grade are the slightly rounded corners, the front cover with some very minor rips/blunted areas and the offwhite-white pages.

The cover and back cover have gorgeous colours and glossy.

Ok, i take it at that price, just bring the book with you this week-end, when i'll see you

Oh come on, the book is completly ripped, smuged, blunted,...i can't let it go to a neighbor, it's a big messed up 4.5 comic... grin.gifwink.gif

the book looks nicer than 4.5... which I take it was probably somebody kidding about the grade. probably a VF- 7.5 or F/FVF 7.0

the book looks very nice, but you've described some minor tears in the back cover and there's obvious spine wear, but the gloss on the book is very, very nice.

Fine 6.0

Please notice the creasing along the right side of the front cover, bottom half.

Too much to be in the VF range (7.0-8.5). sorry.gif

Really... I don't know about that grade 4.5 or 5.0, that's pretty tough on a book. It's also what makes grading from scans incredibly tough. I did look at some of the defects you pointed out more carefully, and I'd probably say that you're right about my not examining some of the defects more carefully. But I still think you're being way too hard on the book in general. Most VG+s are much rougher books than that. I'll lower my original estimate to the 6.0 to 6.5 category and say you should get about 75% of guide for the book, given it's a semi key but in a grade that is plentiful.

I can't see the Silver Surfer well enough to give it a grade. There is too much of the book that is not clearly visible. As I think I mentioned before, if you post pictures or scans of the book not leaning away from the lens and without so much glare, it'll be a lot easier to grade the book from a picture.

comparing with the silver surfer posted here...which one is a nicer copie?