• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did I buy

9 posts in this topic

I recently bought some art from What if 44, but I am a little confused about what I have, or more to the effect what stage in the process the blue line pencils are. thought I read about blue line pencils here (on the boards) I am not sure with this specific piece whether this would be a prelim or not.

Here is my piece

th_whatif44page38.jpg

Here is a picture of the page.

th_whatif44page38-1.png

thanks

Randy

This prelim looks to be done full-size (11x17), therefore it could be used for many things like:

1. As a basic thumbnail layout for the artist to pre-plan how he's going to layout the final page [that may be approved by the editor]. In which case, the artist may then...

2. ...put it on a lightbox where the artist will then trace it over onto a good page with tighter pencils.

3. Or, it may act as a guideline for the actual artist who is doing the final pencils. This technique was done for DC's maxi-series "52" (or was it "Countdown"?) where artist Keith Giffen would read the -script, do the quick prelim layout, and pass that onto the actual artist where all he had to do was [re]create the final art without having to "waste" time reading the -script.

Would that make it more desirable or less? I like the piece, but I don't know if I spent crazy money

Randy

Less desirable, value estimate is $100 or less.

Heavy on the "less".