• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Labels on the back removing the sticky residue

36 posts in this topic

I use a product called Goo Gone with Citrus Power (smells like oranges)- just add a little to a cloth. It works on Stickers, grease, tar, gum, tape and crayon marking. I use it on older mylars to clean them up as well. (thumbs u

Ed Robertson

Goo Gone (plastic bottle) is good for taking off sticker or tape residue. But if you really want to take something off, use Goof Off (metal can). I use Goof Off to take the silk screening off of the marketing giveaways that I get at trade shows.

You guys need to get some nads and quit worrying about getting the labels off your slabs - get the whole in' slabs off your books and the labels won't bother you at all. They'll be in the trash with the rest of your CGC residue. :thumbsup:

I use a product called Goo Gone with Citrus Power (smells like oranges)- just add a little to a cloth. It works on Stickers, grease, tar, gum, tape and crayon marking. I use it on older mylars to clean them up as well. (thumbs u

Ed Robertson

Goo Gone (plastic bottle) is good for taking off sticker or tape residue. But if you really want to take something off, use Goof Off (metal can). I use Goof Off to take the silk screening off of the marketing giveaways that I get at trade shows.

NOOOOOO

DO NOT USE GOOF OFF unless you want to leave swirl marks and eat the plastic..... I had to reholder my ASM 122 CGC 9.6

GoofOff.jpg

Ed Robertson

NOOOOOO

DO NOT USE GOOF OFF unless you want to leave swirl marks and eat the plastic..... I had to reholder my ASM 122 CGC 9.6

GoofOff.jpg

WD 40 and goof off leave behind a residue. If either were to get on any part of the comic it would ruin it. Thats why solvents like Naptha work better. They completely dissipate and if any were to get on the actual comic it simply disappears over time.

In looking at all the replies of what to use I like mine the best I went and looked at the slab this morning and took a Kleenex and tried to find any WD 40 where I had removed it and it looked like none there and the plastic was in good order just make sure you do a test try for yourself on a old slab not worth much and maybe a book being cracked would be better! Truly a terry towel wash cloth and a little sprayed directly on the cloth with the book laying down flat on a terry towel cloth is the best way to go, not having to go outside and you can do it just in the convience of your own home. Remember just a little sprayed on a terry hand towel , NOT directly on the slab :blahblah: Thanks guys with which ever way you go! :headbang:

David

Davidking623

This could all be alleviated if CL would: (1) realize that they don't need the advertising on individual books which the buyer pays for when you think about it; or (2) use non-permanent stickers. I've voiced my opinion to them by phone about the stickers.

WD 40 and goof off leave behind a residue. If either were to get on any part of the comic it would ruin it. Thats why solvents like Naptha work better. They completely dissipate and if any were to get on the actual comic it simply disappears over time.

3 questions have you tried WD 40 on a CGC Case with sticky Residue and try cleaning it up with Kleenex afterwards? Do you use the Naptha directly on the CGC case?Just trying to figure out the best way really, as not trying to confuse collectors with any disinformation Also when you Naptha could you please let us know your technique? Thanks!

David

Davidking623

This could all be alleviated if CL would: (1) realize that they don't need the advertising on individual books which the buyer pays for when you think about it; or (2) use non-permanent stickers. I've voiced my opinion to them by phone about the stickers.

Don't Metro and Heritage use stickers as well? I think all the auction sites do.

(shrug)

3 questions have you tried WD 40 on a CGC Case with sticky Residue and try cleaning it up with Kleenex afterwards? Do you use the Naptha directly on the CGC case?Just trying to figure out the best way really, as not trying to confuse collectors with any disinformation Also when you Naptha could you please let us know your technique? Thanks!

David

Davidking623

It is rather simple. I use water and soap to get the label off. Any residue is handled this way.

1- place a few drops of naptha on the area. Let it sit 20 seconds or so. Use a clean cloth and wipe. It rarely requires a second application of the naptha.

Make sure you do this in a well ventilated area.

Metropolis comics uses stickers on there raw books and put them on the back I think of the plastic. I have a cgc book I recieved from them I will check later its a Book in my personal collectionI.I have never used Heriitage so I dont know.Thanks,

David

Davidking623

I just checked my last Heritage purchase and the sticker is there. I haven't tried to take it off as they don't really bother me so I'm not sure if it's easy to peel or not.

David

Davidking623

It is rather simple. I use water and soap to get the label off. Any residue is handled this way.

1- place a few drops of naptha on the area. Let it sit 20 seconds or so. Use a clean cloth and wipe. It rarely requires a second application of the naptha.

Make sure you do this in a well ventilated area.

Thanks,

David

Davidking623

Don't Metro and Heritage use stickers as well? I think all the auction sites do.

(shrug)

Last I saw Heritage uses stickers, but on the few I've purchased from them the adhesive is not permanent and leaves no residue. I believe the Heritage stickers are more an inventory control method. (shrug)