• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Labels on the back removing the sticky residue

36 posts in this topic

Hey guys I just removed a Comiclink Label on the back of a book not because I dont like Comiclink but it sometimes bugs me being there.So I peeled off the label and that sticky residue was easily removed by WD 40 just spray a little on a terry cloth towel and simply wipe it off might take a few trys to get it all but it worked for me after trying a lot of other things. I also would recomend testing it on another CGC cover for your peace of mind,one that isnt worth much or already broken out.Hey just thought I would pass this news on.By the way WD 40 has many other uses it just did'nt list this as one :roflmao:DavidDavidking623

Image Hosting by Vendio

Click to View Image Album

Over 100,000,000 served. Get FREE counters from Vendio today!

Smart Services for Smart Sellers

More than just a pretty picture. Try Vendio Image Hosting.

The only thing I would caution is that you don't get any WD40 on the edge of the slab where the two halves (front and back) meet. Oil is viscous and it has a lot of tenacity, and if it get's into the crack in any amount it will stay there...then it can creep towards the comic inside the sealed well and stain it.

Now I understand that the inner well is sealed but it's not water proof.

Also if the book ever gets cracked for a reholder you run the risk of getting oil prints on the book once it is relieved from it's inner well.

Again, just keep it from the edge of the slab where the front and back halves meet and you'll be fine.

(thumbs u

WD 40 just spray a little on a terry cloth towel

Thanks R so many concerns on a CGC book.

David

Davidking623

Yup. Was just trying to prevent people from spraying the slab directly and using too much!

I've always had a phobia of oil around my books because it can literally be anywhere and it stays for a long time...doesn't dry out like water does.

You've got the right idea.

(thumbs u

I use a product called Goo Gone with Citrus Power (smells like oranges)- just add a little to a cloth. It works on Stickers, grease, tar, gum, tape and crayon marking. I use it on older mylars to clean them up as well. (thumbs u

Ed Robertson

Its wildly_fanciful_statement that people even have to buy WD-40 and Goo Gone in the 1st place.

Clink needs to stop this.

It would be nice if they did why not stick it on the poly bag that protects the CGC case instead, a lot less annoying and certainly better in my opinion! WD 40 is always around my house anyways it just has so many uses.

David

Davidking623

We all know we bought the books from Comiclink. I find it very annoying to have the sticker on a book, especially if you paid a large sum for it.

I agree especially since these labels are not easy to remove without using a type of spray.