• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics # 27 cgc 4.0 Blue 320k on Comic connect.

99 posts in this topic

I think the 320 pricetag is north of most that could be considered right-minded.

Now that there is two T27 out of the woodworks - I wonder if the books are so far apart that they will not compete in some way?

And I wonder which seller ´will benefit the most by this 'simultaneity'

But can the 7.5 with staple issues command the 800K it should? If yes then the 320 should be able to happen for the 4.0.

I wonder why they sell now? I mean prices were soft in the last HA auction. If not pressured I would wait selling if I had such a book (which I dont (shrug))

I have already turned down $300k for the book.

Major unrestored GA key prices unlike the rest of the market are not soft currently.

Touché - Impressive. But well, this book manage to surprise us again and again .... (thumbs u

too much profit for me to turn down...wish I was 1koko's much younger brother lol

Too much profit for me too.

The younger brother retired when he was 29.

I'm the failure in the family.

too much profit for me to turn down...wish I was 1koko's much younger brother lol

Given your disappointing performance in the world cup pool, I can see why :baiting:

Given your disappointing performance in the world cup pool, I can see why :baiting:

Not over yet - rollover week :devil:

29 !?! :o

Geeze, your other family members must have some pretty decent GA books then :o

Family succes is *not* measured in terms of GA books :sumo:! I'd rather say its the opposite way around lol

Steve and Vinny are out of their minds to charge $320k on a VG 4.0, SERIOUSLY!

Like the rest of their books, they want 10x guide for everything, CGCed or not!

Call me crazy but I think it's worth it.

Sure the price might seem rather strong right now but Detective #27's should be looked upon as long-term investments. People will look back ten years from now and think we were crazy for not jumping on the book for 320K sooner.

There are only 10 unrestored copies graded higher on the census (two other 4.0's) so in the grand scheme of things...I think the book is worth the asking price even if the market has yet to justify it.

There are simply only so many of these books floating around and all of them are pieces of history. 320K for a book of that importance might seem unreasonable now...but who knows what the future might hold.

SERIOUSLY?

To be fair to Steve and Vinny they didn't determine the price I did as its my book.

I think the price is justified.

Couple of 2010 price points worth pointing out put the price into perspective:

6.0 Tec #27 selling for $575k (5.5x OS 39 guide) and an Action #1 3.0 selling for $300k (4.5x OS guide assuming straight line appreciation between 2.0 and 4.0 guides which would overstates guide value of 3.0).

and of course you can't forget the 8.0s going for $1MM+.

I'm also pretty sure that the sale of the Tec #27 7.5 will also reinforce the pricing of these books in the current market.

Guide is irrelevant. 4.3x Overstreet #39 (where prices were determined prior to the breakout in market price following the $1MM sales) is hardly unreasonable.

Anyways we will see if the market agrees with me by whether the book sells or not.

SERIOUSLY?

To be fair to Steve and Vinny they didn't determine the price I did as its my book.

6.0 Tec #27 selling for $575k (5.5x OS 39 guide) and an Action #1 3.0 selling for $300k (4.5x OS guide assuming straight line appreciation between 2.0 and 4.0 guides which would overstates guide value of 3.0).

I'm also pretty sure that the sale of the Tec #27 7.5 will also reinforce the pricing of these books in the current market.

Guide is irrelevant. 4.3x Overstreet #39 (where prices were determined prior to the breakout in market price following the $1MM sales) is hardly unreasonable.

Anyways we will see if the market agrees with me by whether the book sells or not.

Hey George! :hi:

SERIOUSLY?

don't go getting all logical on us now lol

SERIOUSLY?

Hi Rick! :hi:

SERIOUSLY?

:hi:

Going to SD this year?

It will be my first time.

SERIOUSLY?

lol

Not had many chances to be logical at the moment - just finished my first month of gardening leave (translation = when changing job I have to give 3 months notice and my work will pay me to stay at home for 3 months so that I don't have any market sensitive info when I join a competitor).

SERIOUSLY?

:hi:

Going to SD this year?

It will be my first time.

you will be working the new force booth, right :baiting: