• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A stand to display slabs on a shelf?

20 posts in this topic

Curious to know what brands or types of picture stands, display stands or easels do people use to display their slabs on shelves. (bookcases in my case, so displaying them almost at 90 degrees)

I'm looking for higher quality/end types in wood or metal. Color wise thinking oil rubbed bronzeish, dark browns or good ol black.

Any likes or dislikes with metal vs. wood? (shrug)

Thanks,

Eric

Curious to know what brands or types of picture stands, display stands or easels do people use to display their slabs on shelves. (bookcases in my case, so displaying them almost at 90 degrees)

I'm looking for higher quality/end types in wood or metal. Color wise thinking oil rubbed bronzeish, dark browns or good ol black.

Any likes or dislikes with metal vs. wood? (shrug)

Thanks,

Eric

Board member schlep makes and sells his own slab display shelves in various lengths. Check here .

not sure how well those pottery barn shelves would work in an earthquake here in Alaska or in California, but the slabs present nice in Missouri.

Plenty of geologically safe land here in Missouri - we'd love to have you!!! (but watch out for tornados)

I appreciate the input Silent Master and Shark. (thumbs u But, what I was referring to was what WeR138 just posted. Something to go upon a shelf to hold a slab not a frame or ledge for a wall.

Silent Master your display looks AWESOME though! (worship)

And Shark funny you should mention schlep, I actually PMd him prior to this thread since I was pondering some wall displays possibly in the future. Since personally, I think he has/had some of the BEST looking ones around. His reply was he is no longer making any, BUT he does have a few butes leftover that he would sell.

WeR138, thank-you for the pics! That is the type of display I am envisioning. I'm hoping to run one down that I don't have slap some tape on to make the slab stay put. I have one similar to what you posted, I too have to tape and also bend the metal to make my slabs not get their swerve on.

Anybody else have examples like WeR138's? hm

I got these from Potery Barn and I love them - they have a small grove cut in them that the slab rests perfectly inside.

Pottery Barn is a bit on the high end but I like em and was trying to keep my eye out for stuff I didn't have to order. What did they run for?

I got these from Potery Barn and I love them - they have a small grove cut in them that the slab rests perfectly inside.

Pottery Barn is a bit on the high end but I like em and was trying to keep my eye out for stuff I didn't have to order. What did they run for?

Yeah if I remember they were a little pricy - maybe like $40 a piece with each shelf holding 5 slabs.

If your area has a Hobby Lobby that may also be another option. They sell various size stands in metal, plastic, and wood, and usually they are 50% off.

I think you're on to something! We don't have one in the area, but in a week I will be where one is. Thank-you!

I was also wondering if anyone has ever tried any plate holders with the tall back. Seems like they might work pretty well too.

I've done hanging plate holders before. A pretty inexpensive way to hang comics if you aren't particular about having a frame type border. Standing holders made specifically for plates are pretty sturdy but I've noticed they generally cost a bit more than normal stands.

CIMG3388.jpg

CIMG3387.jpg

I was also wondering if anyone has ever tried any plate holders with the tall back. Seems like they might work pretty well too.

I've done hanging plate holders before. A pretty inexpensive way to hang comics if you aren't particular about having a frame type border. Standing holders made specifically for plates are pretty sturdy but I've noticed they generally cost a bit more than normal stands.

CIMG3388.jpg

CIMG3387.jpg

That is pretty damnn clever! :applause: Looks GOOD!