• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Strange Tales #130 (Meet the Beatles!) Real tough one....

20 posts in this topic

Been going back and forth trying to decide whether to slab or sell.......so I'd love some opinions as this is one tough mutha to grade IMO - driving me batty.

Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much.... hm One day it is so clear :banana: and the next I just can't arrive at a grade and end up getting frustrated. :pullhair:

So I bring all of you into this to assist me in my time of need. (thumbs u

Things to mention:

1. There is a NCB stress line thru the price box - about 1/2"

2. There is another stress line about halfway down that you might be able to see from the scan as it does break a little color but just barely. It's about 3/8"

3. There is a tiny bit of "pull" or stress at the bottom of the top staple.

4. There is a spot of color loss on the spine about halfway down - can be seen on the BC scan. Too small for me to tell if it is A) natural/been there since printing or B) actual wear. I'm leaning towards the former.

5. The BC is flawless.

6. Note Marvel Chipping.

7. The Beatles are in this comic!

7. The book is as glossy as it looks - absolutely amazing.

8. The pages are whitey-white!

9. This might be the most perfectly centered book ever.

10. The Beatles are in this comic!

st130.jpg

st130a.jpg

yoyomaa!9.0 seems on,even 9.2 i'm thinking....

real,REAL sweet... :sick: with envy! :insane:lol

Yo Yo Ma!

I wish you could hold it for yourself! The whitey whites of the pages blind you while the colors and gloss knock you over and take your lunch money!

I'm thinking 9.2 also. The slight Marvel chipping is common on this book and is so slight it may not hurt at all. With the freshness and White pages you are talking about should help a tweener grade. 9.2 WHite would be awesome on this book.

Send it in !

I'm thinking 9.2 also. The slight Marvel chipping is common on this book and is so slight it may not hurt at all. With the freshness and White pages you are talking about should help a tweener grade. 9.2 WHite would be awesome on this book.

Send it in ! Send it to me!

Fixed that... :devil:

I'll venture 9.2...gorgeous book! :headbang:

Send it in ! Send it to me!

Fixed that... :devil:

I'll venture 9.2...gorgeous book! :headbang:

This is a beauty (thumbs u

Thanks everyone! I continuously go back and forth between the 9.0 and 9.2. It's just a matter of how hard CGC will grade the 2 stress lines on the spine and the chipping (if any). Believe me, I keep trying to wish the book into a 9.4 - maybe a press could do it as the top stress line is NCB. As it is I think it just makes the 9.2 grade due to all the positives. I wish I had a #125 and #135 like this!