• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Green Lantern 39 - what's the deal?

26 posts in this topic

One and the same.

Yep, one and the same. Sadly we lost him last week to what was probably a heart attack. He wasn't a poster but he lurked quite a bit and when it came to knowledge of esoteric, rare books, and giveaways, he was also one of the most knowledgeable. He was one of the greatest, funniest, guys someone could hope to have as a friend, and will be sorely missed...

StewartSilver.com

Stew Silver

:sorry:

One and the same.

Yep, one and the same. Sadly we lost him last week to what was probably a heart attack. He wasn't a poster but he lurked quite a bit and when it came to knowledge of esoteric, rare books, and giveaways, he was also one of the most knowledgeable. He was one of the greatest, funniest, guys someone could hope to have as a friend, and will be sorely missed...

StewartSilver.com

Stew Silver

Wow. I only bid on a couple auctions of his, but on one of them (Peter Wheat News #61) I offered to pay for scans of the pages if I didn't win, given the rarity of the book. He sent them to me for free; the scan is out there and the cover on GCD (one of only four issues posted) was posted by me from that.

I'm sorry to hear he's gone; my interaction with him was minimal but what little there was marked him as one of the true good guys.