• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Green Hornet Movie - January 2011

31 posts in this topic

Strangely none of the Green Hornet comic books jumped in price like Jonah Hex books did, some movies get hyped and some don`t.

Hex was a serious adaptation (even though it sucked) which appealed to the hardcore fanboy looking for external validation, while this GH movie will only bring back memories of the 60's Batman camp series.

Strangely none of the Green Hornet comic books jumped in price like Jonah Hex books did, some movies get hyped and some don`t.

Hex was a serious adaptation (even though it sucked) which appealed to the hardcore fanboy looking for external validation, while this GH movie will only bring back memories of the 60's Batman camp series.

i don't think it will even reach that high :P

i don't think it will even reach that high :P

I dunno, the trailer looks better then Jonah Hex.

I dunno, the trailer looks better then Jonah Hex

But we're not talking better or worse, but the overall tone the movie goes for.

Hex is a terrible movie, but because it went for a serious tone with its adaptation, the hardcore fanboys embraced it (pre-release) as a validation of their hobby, and helped drive back issues prices much higher.

A movie like Green Hornet, is viewed as a comedy/satire and is not taken as a "serious movie" by the fanboys so it will never yield the same type of back issue spike. The best comedic adaptation of a comic book ever made would never have the same impact with collectors as a "serious" movie that sucked rotten eggs.

Just like the 60's Batman TV series, which is a camp classic that I loved as a kid, still love today and even my kids love watching on TV Land. But the hardcores only want "serious adaptations" and will slam the show any chance they get.

Looking forward to getting a Hot Wheels/Matchbox of the Black Beauty. Wonder when the toys for this movie will be shown.

That's the silver lining with movies like this. I'm also hoping for a DVD release of the Bruce Lee/Van Williams series. :wishluck:

I dunno, the trailer looks better then Jonah Hex

But we're not talking better or worse, but the overall tone the movie goes for.

Hex is a terrible movie, but because it went for a serious tone with its adaptation, the hardcore fanboys embraced it (pre-release) as a validation of their hobby, and helped drive back issues prices much higher.

A movie like Green Hornet, is viewed as a comedy/satire and is not taken as a "serious movie" by the fanboys so it will never yield the same type of back issue spike. The best comedic adaptation of a comic book ever made would never have the same impact with collectors as a "serious" movie that sucked rotten eggs.

Just like the 60's Batman TV series, which is a camp classic that I loved as a kid, still love today and even my kids love watching on TV Land. But the hardcores only want "serious adaptations" and will slam the show any chance they get.

and it was probally that show and Superfriends that introduced most comicbook collectors into the world of comics. Neal Adams this ,Neal Adams that but it was Adam West that put Batman on the pop culture map and introduced millions of fans into the world of comics. :)