• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RED a new DC movie looks pretty good

31 posts in this topic

Looks like a lot of fun and like everyone said, great cast.

BTW, was that Richard Dreyfus getting beat up?

EDIT: Just checked IMDB and it was - we saw Karl Urban in the clip, plus it's got Ernest Borgnine, Julian McMahon and Brian Cox.

The only potential issue is the PG-13 rating, which usually translates into watered-down drek for the pre-pub crowd.

EDIT: Just checked IMDB and it was - we saw Karl Urban in the clip, plus it's got Ernest Borgnine, Julian McMahon and Brian Cox.

The only potential issue is the PG-13 rating, which usually translates into watered-down drek for the pre-pub crowd.

100356.jpg.cbea7b437c79320bc900369e696cca6b.jpg

This looks really good. But seriously, I'd go just to watch Dreyfus getting beat up. :thumbsup:

The book that this was "based upon" was really good. Basically just the Willis character trying to adjust to retirement and then his attempted icing by the Company. This reminds me of Wanted which bore virtually no resemblance to the original story. It could still be very good, but for some reason the movies that go super far from the source material bother me a little. Too much fanboy, I reckon.

Wow, that actually looks good. What is it based on?

RED was written by Warren Ellis and drawn by Cully hamner. It was really good, although if I remember correctly, issue three was super duper late.

The book that this was "based upon" was really good. Basically just the Willis character trying to adjust to retirement and then his attempted icing by the Company. This reminds me of Wanted which bore virtually no resemblance to the original story. It could still be very good, but for some reason the movies that go super far from the source material bother me a little. Too much fanboy, I reckon.

I know what you're saying, but I found 'Wanted' hugely enjoyable. :headbang:

I really enjoyed it the second time I saw it as well. The first time I was like "WTF is this movie, b/c it sure isn't Wanted?" It is possible for me to reign in my inner fanboy, but sometimes it takes multiple beatings.

Yeah, I liked it, too.

I concur.