• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have a Cigar! Share your favorite OA recreations!

7 posts in this topic

Let's share our newest and/or favorite recreation pieces...to honor the artists (both original and recreation) and the art itself. Covers, splashes...would love to see what you got! :popcorn:

Recently, I asked artist Anthony Castrillo to recreate one of my all-time favorite comic images, John Byrne's glorious X-Men 137 double-page splash introducing the memorable tale "The Fate of the Phoenix." :cloud9:

Kudos to Anthony for his exceptional work. "Thank you for the chance to re-draw ths classic DPS....this was truly a labor of love for me, but trying to ink like Terry (Austin) is not for the faint at heart!"

4722358514_4c9d19c604_b.jpg

Let's share our newest and/or favorite recreation pieces...to honor the artists (both original and recreation) and the art itself. Covers, splashes...would love to see what you got! :popcorn:

Recently, I asked artist Anthony Castrillo to recreate one of my all-time favorite comic images, John Byrne's glorious X-Men 137 double-page splash introducing the memorable tale "The Fate of the Phoenix." :cloud9:

Kudos to Anthony for his exceptional work. "Thank you for the chance to re-draw ths classic DPS....this was truly a labor of love for me, but trying to ink like Terry (Austin) is not for the faint at heart!"

4722358514_4c9d19c604_b.jpg

that's really really good

I have a few:

I also have this drawing by Nick Cardy which is very similar to the cover of one of the Teen Titan Archives cover. I like mine better though. :)

I am trying to work on a theme

Superman and Spider-man fighting in different locales around the world

1st one was by Dave Ross, 2nd by Kalman Andrasofszky who currently does the covers for R.E.B.E.L.S

3193147318_32b385dc08_z.jpg3193147402_5c102bd69b_o.jpg

Well, this could look like as self-promotion, but since I'm not trying to get requests to do comissions, I suppose that this is not entitled for that.

This is my homage to the spanish dream team while I'm doing some practice with brush. It's the cover of the Arrowsmith TPB. FerranArrowsmithTPBcvrBAIXA.jpg

Here you'll find a couple of recreations of Silvestri covers by me:

http://ferrandelgado.deviantart.com/gallery/#My-inking

These are McLeod's recreations:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=49803

And this is sinnott's take on the FF #4 cover:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=587725&GSub=91557