• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GI Joe Atari Ad Art

6 posts in this topic

Shane

Was the ad from the 1980's?

If so, perhaps it was Herb Trimpe. He pencilled several of the early issues of Marvel's adaptation. A lot of times, it was the same artists that drew licensing ad art.

I'm sure someone can get a hold of Herb and ask.

The ad art from that era was usually returned to the artist along with other comic art so I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Cheers!

N.

Thanks Nelson, yeah, it's an 80s era piece.

It could well be Trimpe. The companion Duke piece matches his style. Unfortunately, Trimpe has been piecing his art out over the years so it may have already come and gone. He does sell through an agent on eBay now so perhaps i'll drop him a line.

A great ad - this is the epitome of a back cover video game advert.

This was one of the first home console games I played. It blew my five year old mind, I had no idea why the giant snakes were shooting pellets at me (insert joke here).

A great ad - this is the epitome of a back cover video game advert.

This was one of the first home console games I played. It blew my five year old mind, I had no idea why the giant snakes were shooting pellets at me (insert joke here).

I KNEW there was a reason I always wanted to be the snake when we played ...