• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got this from UPS today

35 posts in this topic

This gets me mad, at UPS. They are the worst. After a number of bad experiences, I never use them anymore. I thought CGC uses USPS by default ?

Fedex is defintely better, even the USPS is better. The customer service at UPS for a residential customer is terrible. They just don't care. Fedex, on the other hand, is much more accomodating.

I sincerely hope this all works out for you. Good luck.

I have the exact opposite experience. I guess it really just boils down to the drivers for the companies. But boxes and contents should never arrive damaged from any carrier.

Everthing goes FedEx 3 day Saver from CGC now through my own FedEx account. It ends up around the same price as my old USPS registered Priority for 30 slabs, but I haven't had nearly the issues I was having with cracked slabs when things were going USPS... And some times things would take weeks to arrive.

The registered stuff was supposed to come secured, but the boxes almost always came beat the helll up.

Practically all the boxes I get through FedEx now look clean and brand new when they arrive. I could probably save more money by using FedEx Ground, but they are really not the same company.

They always will reslab, especially obvious SS books however the grade could take a tumble. I went through a similar event 1 time out of about 500 plus books sold on and off auction sites in the last 10 years.

It doesn't seem 2 happen often but on this occasion it looked as if postal workers had speared the box with a metal pole cracking both slabs inside their tight box and bubblewrap. 1 of the 2 had a similar looking bottom 2 that hulk. 2 X-Men cgc 9.8 SS Books, issues 234 and 267, 234 by Silvestri, and Claremont and the latter by Jim Lee. Thankfully the horror story ended when the buyer who is a fellow boardie and friend sent them 2 cgc for reslabbing which I obviously covered along with to and from cgc s&h.

Both books came back CGC 9.8 SS Status

Hope your nightmare comes 2 a pleasant close.

Rich

CGC doesn't regrade the books for broken slabs. They just reslab them for $11. It's called the reholder fee.

However, if the books is damaged... I'm not sure how that would apply to a Signature Series book.

Still waiting for a response from UPS.

Have you talked to CGC about this? From experience, even if the shipment is billed to your UPS account, CGC is considered to be the "shipper" and the one covered by the insurance. I have not had any problem getting books re-slabbed at no charge once I made CGC aware of what happened.