• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade Me : Justice League #4

14 posts in this topic

I picked this up on thebay from Tomorrow's Treasures. First time I've dealt with them and the price was right (I hope.....depending on the grade)! As a Green Arrow collector, this book was an absolute must have.

There are two 1 inch long tears at the top of the front cover that have been repaired with tape on the inside.

jla4f.jpg

jla4b.jpg

2.5 with a possible restored if sub to CGC

Cool book!

3.0 Universal with "tape" notes on label..no PLOD for tape..it's a defect,not resto.

I thought tape on the book to repair tears is restoration with PLOD. Tape in a book that had no purpose to hold anything is just a note of tape on a blue label.

I'm new to this so I'm not sure but that is what I read.

2.5 with a possible restored if sub to CGC

Cool book!

3.0 Universal with "tape" notes on label..no PLOD for tape..it's a defect,not resto.

I thought tape on the book to repair tears is restoration with PLOD. Tape in a book that had no purpose to hold anything is just a note of tape on a blue label.

I'm new to this so I'm not sure but that is what I read.

NOPE..only "archival tape" which is a restoration tape will get a PLOD.Any other tape,Scotch,masking,duck..ect,is considered a defect,whether it is stuck on the cover,or even re-attaching a piece of the book,or the cover back to the book.NO PLOD for tape.100% sure of that.

I would easily go with 3.5.

As a Green Arrow fan, this is one of my favorite comics. Other than a cover appearance as a boy in Adventure # 258, this is GA's first cover appearance since May 1945 (More Fun #103).