• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey! New poster - pre-code Horror and Crime comic book addict!!

296 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the boards and just wanted to make a quick post to introduce myself. My name is Nick, I'm from England in the UK and am a huge fan of (and collector of) pre-code horror and crime comics. Though I'm mostly interested in horror, specifically.

My all-time favourite comic book publishing company is E.C. and I adore their horror and crime comics in particular.

What got me into horror comics originally was the Stephen King/George A. Romero 1982 E.C. Comics tribute, "CREEPSHOW" - which was also my first horror film as a child and remains my favourite film to this day.

I'm pretty new to the whole CGC thing, and intend on getting some comics slabbed in the near future (how can I do this from the UK, btw?), though I've been aware of CGC for years of course - I suspect the vast majority of comic-book fans have!

I love reading up on the history of comic books, and am currently working my way through the Senate Subcommittee Investigation of Juvenile Delinquency in the United States transcripts (from thecomicbooks.com), and Fredric Wertham's book, "Seduction of the Innocent". A recently published edition - though I'd love to own an original first edition at some point!

Anyway, I think that's about it - just wanted to say 'hello!' :hi:

Any other pre-code horror fanatics here, let's have a show of hands! :grin:

Welcome To The Boards!!

Nice to have some more fellow PreCode Horror gouls around!

Be sure to check out the Golden Age Section.

Here's a few threads to start with:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4017584&fpart=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=550731&fpart=1

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the boards and just wanted to make a quick post to introduce myself. My name is Nick, I'm from England in the UK and am a huge fan of (and collector of) pre-code horror and crime comics. Though I'm mostly interested in horror, specifically.

My all-time favourite comic book publishing company is E.C. and I adore their horror and crime comics in particular.

What got me into horror comics originally was the Stephen King/George A. Romero 1982 E.C. Comics tribute, "CREEPSHOW" - which was also my first horror film as a child and remains my favourite film to this day.

I'm pretty new to the whole CGC thing, and intend on getting some comics slabbed in the near future (how can I do this from the UK, btw?), though I've been aware of CGC for years of course - I suspect the vast majority of comic-book fans have!

I love reading up on the history of comic books, and am currently working my way through the Senate Subcommittee Investigation of Juvenile Delinquency in the United States transcripts (from thecomicbooks.com), and Fredric Wertham's book, "Seduction of the Innocent". A recently published edition - though I'd love to own an original first edition at some point!

Anyway, I think that's about it - just wanted to say 'hello!' :hi:

Any other pre-code horror fanatics here, let's have a show of hands! :grin:

Hi Nick, glad to have you on board. Collecting pre-code horror is expensive, altho' it is of course rewarding and fun. You're not after a Weird Mysteries 5, perchance? :whistle:

Thanks everybody for the great welcome - I feel at home already! :)

This seems to be an extremely lively and friendly place, I think I'll like it here! Nice to see some other precode and EC fans around too!

Darth Corgi (GREAT username! lol ), thanks for the links!! Had a quick look at both threads and they look great, will be having a proper read-through soon!